No announcement yet.

Folded Frantic Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking this to the next level, I think it would be cool to have a digital model car kit, where the kit has the parameters for all parts that you produce on a 3-D printer and then assemble into a complete car. You could have various part options to "build" the car (or plane, boat, spaceship, etc.) with the specifications you want.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      In the shadow of the Sphinx no less....blah blah blah blah.....or was it under the tutelage of the Pharos as well?...
      Yep - Sam the Sham AND the Pharohs!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Yep - Sam the Sham AND the Pharohs!
        Dan, I mispoke....I should have said the builders of the lighthouse of Pharos....Google Pharos...quite the engineers....
        Last edited by silver_bullet; March 15, 2018, 08:08 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Kids! When I was a kid we had Sabre Tooth Tiger busses and the fold-ups were made of papyrus. And we were glad to have 'em! You kids don't know how good you blah blah blah.......

Dan
          I was able to locate some pics of Dan as a young boy

Here is one of his mom, dad and older sister in dads first new car!

And here is one of Dan, a recent high school grad, in his first used car!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Taking this to the next level, I think it would be cool to have a digital model car kit, where the kit has the parameters for all parts that you produce on a 3-D printer and then assemble into a complete car. You could have various part options to "build" the car (or plane, boat, spaceship, etc.) with the specifications you want.
            10000+ "model car" printable 3D Models. Every Day new 3D Models from all over the World. Click to find the best Results for model car Models for your 3D Printer.

I don't understand the need for the "kit". Just print the model fully assembled.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              I don't understand the need for the "kit". Just print the model fully assembled.
              For me, most of the fun is "assembly" and with the ability to make each part with different materials, colors and such .. similar to replacing the parts that used to come on plastic trees, more like real life parts selection at the speed shop.

Comment

All my models were digitally built. I used my fingers.

Nick

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Here is one of his mom, dad and older sister in dads first new car!
                    His Mom's got it going on......what a hottie!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                      All my models were digitally built. I used my fingers.

Nick
                      Did they have glue on them? One of the hardest things about "digitally" building models back in the day was avoiding the glue fingerprint . . . .
                      Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; March 15, 2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Studebaker folded models: http://papermodelblog.blogspot.com/2...erfanauto.html

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                          Like the Avanti!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X