Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdub you need to school this fellow

Doing it all wrong since 1966

School him on WHAT?!??!?! Gyah, that's haulin' right there!

A great look at the track, since the last time I was there they've paved over that dip on the left side of the track coming down the hill into Turn 12. Bummer, that was a waypoint if you timed it right.....dipTURN while the left side of the car is already sitting down on the springs. That F-car and that driver certainly don't need any help like that. That looks way faster than that instructor took me around in that Porsche 911 GT3, and THAT was fast.

EDIT: Dang, that dude's runnin' mid-1:20's......GYAH. He'd lap Red (again) after about 4 laps. Gyah.
    Last edited by pdub; March 22, 2018, 01:37 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Annoying thing about circuit racing. When someone LOOKS like they are just stroking, they are actually FLYING and vice versa.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        School him on WHAT?!??!?! Gyah, that's haulin' right there!

A great look at the track, since the last time I was there they've paved over that dip on the left side of the track coming down the hill into Turn 12. Bummer, that was a waypoint if you timed it right.....dipTURN while the left side of the car is already sitting down on the springs. That F-car and that driver certainly don't need any help like that. That looks way faster than that instructor took me around in that Porsche 911 GT3, and THAT was fast.

EDIT: Dang, that dude's runnin' mid-1:20's......GYAH. He'd lap Red (again) after about 4 laps. Gyah.
        truth be told, you'd been too silent and I thought you might enjoy that video.

Comment

That FXX is fast but watch this...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

truth be told, you'd been too silent and I thought you might enjoy that video.
            Did. Thank you Sir.
            Last edited by pdub; March 23, 2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
              I kept trying to stop that video, but it's too fast, not enough fps. I was thinking he kept running over the blend line going up into 2 (foul), but it was too fast to see, and in the end I don't think he did at all. That's surreal fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                it's supposed to be fast, but watching a car you can drive on the street run fast is far more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's supposed to be fast, but watching a car you can drive on the street run fast is far more entertaining.
                  That's the thing about track days. My rough estimate is that 97.4% of all the folks there on Track day are friendly as can be. Friends you'd never met until that day. They laugh, they are just all there to enjoy the day, the rare opportunity to go out there and pretend to be a race car driver like everybody else in whatever they brought.

They'll move over if you drive up to them, and nine tenths of what I've ever done on road courses is to move over. Bruised my arm at Road Atlanta and also at AMP, slinging it over the roof of the car, "Pass Me on the Right."

Daytona proved to be a bit different. The Corvette guys were there. The guys in yellow Corvettes. My optimistic scientific estimate of nice guys went down considerably. That was a fun day, the thrill of a lifetime to drive on that track, but.....staying out of the way is one thing and getting run over is another. Just sayin.

Comment

I’m not really into the Ferrari thing but do these modern sport cars not have stick shifts? Or is that automatic?

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped View Post
                      I’m not really into the Ferrari thing but do these modern sport cars not have stick shifts? Or is that automatic?
                      Most of the wicked fast ones are automatic with paddle shifters on the steering wheel. No clutch, keep it floored the whole time. They are badass. Some kind of terrible fast. Stupid fast. They are FAST.

Comment

I think our career on road courses is winding down. It just feels like it is, for no glaring reason. But we honestly don't want to run AMP again after so many times. That's our home track, the closest one. But the brake devil lives there, and we'll never know why. Road Atlanta is just about scary, you can get killed there. Events at Barber don't happen often enough, I'd love to do that again. Daytona is the best place, I'd do that 24 hours a day for 20 years on a row, but it's too far away from here. So we've got a race-built street car, and we've had a heap of fun with it. We sure have.

All that to say, we're all dressed up and not much of anywhere to go. ECTA. Twice, Both cars.

Comment

I feel everyone should keep their eyes open for a sweet RV deal for P Dub, then the road course beast will awaken once again as well. A week or Month in a park near Daytona sounds appealing. You've got the fire proof pajamas.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                            I feel everyone should keep their eyes open for a sweet RV deal for P Dub, then the road course beast will awaken once again as well. A week or Month in a park near Daytona sounds appealing. You've got the fire proof pajamas.
                            Well, we've thought our way through the RV thing, that's not gonna be us. Granted we COULD, sure could. But that's just not us after some more more thought.

Daytona, the only civilian track day event there I ever found was the one we went to, sponsored by the Ohio Audi Club. And it's always in December. A once per year shot at HUGE fun. I'm not ruling that out at all. What I DID learn there was, ignore the cost. Two days down, two days back, look the other way and write them a check for all three days on the track instead of just one. Yes, I COULD have done all three days there, had no idea how much fun that would be. I could have done it mechanically, physically, mentally, but I was still working then so we had to cram time. And poor Sue Unit wasn't allowed to ride with me in Red on that track so she was basically a prisoner in transit on that trip, all of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X