Size:	987.5 KB
ID:	1195382

After,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180326_052650.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	874.1 KB
ID:	1195383

4 am the cops knock on my door and ask if I own a silver Crown Victoria, . . . . .um, yes.

Long story short, A private security patrol person was cruising down the street and apparently fell asleep.
    Creamed my car and the Honda in front of me. The owner of the company was just going to fix our cars on
    his own dime but now State Farm is involved. 15 year old Crown Vic with 196k miles, I'm not expecting anything but a royal galactic screwing.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

That sucks man, sorry. However, In my experience, State Farm and Progressive were pretty generous when paying out totaled vehicles.

I hope it works out in your favor.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Bummer.....
      The driver should be prosecuted for admitting to driving in such a state
      he fell asleep and lost control.
      You could have been exiting your car as he plowed by......

My new neighbor has a one year old Mustang and two weeks ago
      someone did some "art" on it with a key.

Comment

Bummer. That either sucks or blows. Whichever way it flows, your car is hosed up and you didn't even get to enjoy doing it to it yourself. Dang. Dang TWICE.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          That sucks man, sorry. However, In my experience, State Farm and Progressive were pretty generous when paying out totaled vehicles.

I hope it works out in your favor.
          I hope your right Joe, I also hope the guy who owns the security company ponies up a little cash on top of the money I get from the insurance so I can go buy another car that actually runs. I can afford to go and buy a nice new car, I just don't want to. My wife and I like owning older cars because they're cheap to insure, register and fix. The down side is when they get wrecked your pretty much S.O.L.

Comment

If you lived around here I'd give you the name of my paint and body guy. He'd get used parts and put that sucker back together for you for a reasonable price.

And yes, that sucks. That used to be a nice car.

Dan

Comment

Demand replacement cost for a like vehicle. They are out there. Tell them you don't care what their book says the car is worth. If that doesn't work try suggesting they to take their book and shove it. Don't except it if it's not right. Eventually they will pay you if you give them a hard enough time (i think)

or tell them you want it fixed RIGHT! Without a salvage title.
              Last edited by Russell; March 29, 2018, 12:54 PM.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

My wife's 2008 KIA Optima was rear-ended & totaled last August. Since we bought the car new & I have done all of the routine maintenance on it, we decided to keep it. That and we wasted two weekends of our life shopping for a new car. Now defined as "Two weekends of our life that we will never get back". Long story short, we found all of the parts needed to fix the car on car-part.com within a half days drive & drove over & picked them up ourselves. Deck lid, tail light, steel bumper & bumper cover. We drove an extra hour to get the parts in the same color as the car. One advantage of the newer cars is that there are not a lot of different colors from the factory to begin with.

We have a regular body shop that does my body work that did everything but the frame. Between the frame shop, body shop & what it took to go after the parts, we fixed it for about half of what we got from the insurance company.

On another note, we learned that all states have different policies on salvage titles. Nebraska policy is if the car is over six years old you are not required to change to a salvage title. The key here is to not let the title out of your hands. If the insurance company totals the car but lets you keep it for $xxx.xx, they have no right to the title to begin with. And if all else fails, you can always go to your state insurance board. They have the right to pull any companies right to sell insurance in the entire state. Usually just the mention of them will get a lot more cooperation from the insurance company.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

hear anything yet ?
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I talked to the State Farm guy today, their estimate to fix it is $6,350. On a good day with a car wash and a full tank of gas this it's worth maybe $2,500. It was a good dependable car but it was getting tired. I just hope I get a decent settlement. I'll keep y'all posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                      I talked to the State Farm guy today, their estimate to fix it is $6,350. On a good day with a car wash and a full tank of gas this it's worth maybe $2,500. It was a good dependable car but it was getting tired. I just hope I get a decent settlement. I'll keep y'all posted.
                      You can't replace something you love. The loss was none of your doing.
                      Last edited by pdub; April 7, 2018, 02:10 AM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

shop for comparables before they hit you with the $1200 offer.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

$2,865.40, which I think is quite fair considering I paid $3,200 cash for it 9 years ago with 100,000 less miles.

Time to go shoppin'

Comment

You done good!

Comment

talk to Hoovie's Garage - those rich, TV types buy high/sell low

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X