Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Cleve-Land....https://y.yarn.co/6dfc4870-37a3-4ead...?1526007608548
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

UPDATE: I thought I fixed Bluebelle with STP, but what fixed her was turning the car off for about a minute and then cranking it again. Problem solved. I had to do that again today. Pull over. Turn off. Crank. Brand new and good again. So there's something else going on. Computer cars are nuts anyway.

Here's the video of a road in Kentucky that Pru (the GPS) sent us down. At 0:00 I started the camera because I wasn't sure if that bridge across the creek would support us. I don't know why I can't post HD videos to YouTube. They lose a lot in the editing through my software, such as it is.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We hopped in Bubba today and went and drove on the Cherohala Skyway. It was Bubba's turn, and Red still has mud on his butt. The Skyway is named such because it goes through the Cherokee National Forest and the Natahala National Forest

The Skyway is a really cool road, we like that one better than we do the Dragon, but to each their own. All the way up to 5400 feet in elevation, a cool road. Lunch in Robbinsville and back toward home on the road that gets us back and forth from GHI, US64/74. We were rolling along on 64 and the sign said Road Closed. Keep on going. Well, it WAS closed.

Dang. There ain't but so many few roads through the mountains. So we turned around and I told the new GPS to take us to Ellijay GA. That was just from memory, trying to imagine where everything is. Now we REALLY needed a paper map. Got to Ellijay and then told the GPS to take us home, a familiar route that we've used many times going back and forth to the race track in Dawsonville.

Got to a familiar intersection about 40 miles from home and a tractor trailer had jack-knifed and had the intersection completely blocked. The GA trooper was pointing, NO, you have to go THAT way. Ohhhh crap, we're dead reckoning again and I have no idea where these roads go. Prude (the GPS lady) was hollering, make a U-turn. That won't do us any good. A few miles down the road Prude said turn left. So I turned right. She was still hollering to turn around, she was getting pissed.

We made it back home in about 8 hours instead of 6.

And it turns out from watching the local 6:00 p.m. news that 64 was closed because a fuel tanker truck ran through a guard rail into the river last night and they were trying to fish it out of there.

We're going to do that again, the day trip thing. That's fun until you're pretty close to home and not sure if you can get there at all.

EDIT: If I had a smart phone we may have known about this before we got there. But I still don't want a smart phone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010252.JPG Views:	1 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	1201213
        Last edited by pdub; May 17, 2018, 11:00 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
        X