Thank God for good friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God for good friends...

Got a call from a friend today. Said he has more projects than he can deal with. And his wife wants all the cars that don't fit inside his 4 car barn gone! Well, he just happened to have a 1967 El Camino out in the yard. Said come over, get it running cause it's been sitting for over year. Get it out of my yard and give me $1000.00 for it. :o

My buddy and I hauled ass over there, about a 30 mile drive. Put 5 gallons of fuel, charged the battery, tightened the water pump belt and hit the ignition. Then..GROOOOWWLL!!!...hahaha..fired it up and drove it home. By the way, a 30 mile drive with 4.10 gears and a TH350 is a long drive...LOL!....Anyway, here she is. How did I make out? Good/Bad....

Re: Thank God for good friends...

You, sir, suck.

;D J/K, looks like you made off like the proverbial bandit.....nice score!

Comment

Man, that is one hell of a good friend you got ....you stoled that car.....his wife is mean....

Comment

I wish I had a friend like that. You are one lucky guy. If you feel that you got took, I will be more than happy to take it off of your hands. ;D
        1964 Chevelle
        Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
        LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

wanta double your money ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Thanks guy's....yeah, I feel like a kid with a new toy at Christmas. :D

When I got the call, I dropped everything I was doing and got over there as fast as I could. You know how people are about changing their mind if you give them too much time to think.

Comment

What state are you in? That car dont look like there is any rust at all......were in Michigan here....

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                What state are you in? That car dont look like there is any rust at all......were in Michigan here....
                We are in Texas. There is some body filler here and there. But you know what, for what we paid. Who cares....LOL! 8)

Comment

I think this is a friend for life. His wife also , for forcing his hand .

Comment

Man, I need friends like that! Good score!

Comment

Originally posted by Toecutter
                      We are in Texas. There is some body filler here and there. But you know what, for what we paid. Who cares....LOL! 8)
                      My pregnant daughter ran away a few years back to sanantonio with her boyfriend, I had to fly to texas, rent a car, and bring her back to michigan, she was to far along in her pregnancy to fly on the plane, on the way back, I noticed lots of nice old cars at junk yards on my way back home..you guys dont know how good you got it....in TEXAS.....

Comment

You better send a dozen roses on Feb 14th to your buddies wife anonymously(sp) ;D

Comment

you got ripped thats a 67 front end. no really cool deal.
                          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

So we all agree. Great deal!
                            What's under the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by Toecutter
                              My pregnant daughter ran away a few years back to sanantonio with her boyfriend, I had to fly to texas, rent a car, and bring her back to michigan, she was to far along in her pregnancy to fly on the plane, on the way back, I noticed lots of nice old cars at junk yards on my way back home..you guys dont know how good you got it....in TEXAS.....
                              SHHHHHHHH!!!! Were trying to keep as many of them here as we can!!!!!!! :-X

Comment

Working...
                              X