• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way, you're not just sitting on your ass watching someone else do it
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Either way, you're not just sitting on your ass watching someone else do it
      I dunno, I'd rather see someone else break down. That must mean I'm a narcissist.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I dunno, I'd rather see someone else break down. That must mean I'm a narcissist.
        I think you mean sadist, revelling in someone elses pain/misfortune......

Comment

Another example. Everything they've built ONLY has one engine, aside from leaf blowers. As a youngster I wanted to try a Coronet or Satellite wagon with two inline big blocks driven from where the back seat would normally be. In the 80s I switched the big dual idea to a Dodge Rampage with a complete second engine cradle in the bed. The front one would be an automatic and the rear could be either one in case you get bored with the front tires frying from the weight transfer. Personally I'd keep the rear engine automatic too just as insurance against the increased traction and torque load. A final idea would be engine swap leapfrog. Line up a big block luxury car, a small block compact, a Corvair, a VW and a buggy chassis left to right and move every engine one car right. Of course that was when the V8 Corvair and Corvair to VW kits were still in production. Higher degree of difficulty now, but Roadkill, right?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

no, he's onto something with narcissist....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post

I think you mean sadist, revelling in someone elses pain/misfortune......
              no, I don't want to watch it, I simply ignore their plight.

I'd rather not watch or participate in it. Humor aside, there's my problem with the entire roadkill premise, they make nothing better.

As for car I'd love to build - I like the dual engine idea but something more akin to a Renault 5 with motors on either end.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 16, 2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Better a narcissist than a groundless attention seeker.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  Better a narcissist than a groundless attention seeker.
                  I build Corvettes, it's likely I'm both.... but I'm in a Corvette with sidepipes so I'm both happy and deaf

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    yeah, I wouldn't want anyone to know I owned a Falcon (if I ever did, which I swear on a stack of Freigburgers I didn't)...
                    I've owned a Falcon since the 1980s (not that "Common Mistakes" cover car . . . . .)

Comment

She wanted a new Mustang but got a Falcon?

Actually they made a GREAT looking little convertible. Picture one like THIS with Cragar SSs. One of the cool kids at my high school had one.... Jacked up just a 'lil on all four corners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59934546-770-0@2X.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	1197377
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; April 16, 2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

But back to Roadkill. Why is the Vette their only buggy? They need ANOTHER with any number of front wheel drive big power packages as rear drive. Shelby 2'2 litre buggy? Cadillac North Star buggy? Even one of THESE, keep the engraved rims of course....

Click image for larger version

Name:	X111-1200-667x400-740x480.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1197381

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                          So far I'm not griping, they've managed to do something in every episode I'd not dream of doing.
                          I can't understand why they do what they do in such self imposed conditions, like engine swaps in parking lots with snow or trips to Alaska....in snow.
                          The last episode of Roadkill Garage was educational for me...carb tuning the truck using an Air/Fuel gauge.
                          Because not everyone has a shop, full of tools, like hot rod garage...
                          friends and I did an engine swap in a friends ‘87 cutlass, in the middle of a December snow storm, because we were all young, only had had one car, and hardly any money. Have to get to work somehow.
                          58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X