No announcement yet.

when it rains it freaking POURS........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when it rains it freaking POURS........

so i just found out they are selling the place we live in.
    gotta be out by end of july. got no where to go, and no
    where to put all the projects, so FIRE SALE ! everything must go.

this SUCKS so bad..........

i started by calling the inner circle of so called "friends",
    as i should have KNOWN, everyone wants everything free
    or ridiculously cheap.

i asked one friend about the white 454 vette. $7500, i said.
    (keep in mind the LOW book is $16k, and everything in mine
    from the radiator to the rear wheel bearings is new. plus its
    got a 500+hp 461" and a full race trans...)
    he counter offered $2000, and when i laughed he said when
    you get down to the last couple days you'll be calling me and
    begging for me to give you the $2k. i told him id rather push it
    out into the street and light it on f@cking FIRE first.

im going to end up drilling holes and cutting sh@t in half and
    dumping it, i just know.

i gotta sell everything--the 55 plymouth, chopper, dirtbikes,
    tools, guns, a billion hotwheels, etc... and i just know im going
    to get scr@wed on craiglist.

frick frack fark FORK !!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to become a banker and take payments. Carry your own loan paper with the lowball as the down payment. You lose friends if they blow you off but find out who your real friends are. PLUS if you find a BETTER place you can repo or rent space anf repo that way. ANYTHING but taking the lowball offers. Trade for stuff you know you can store.

Plus selling and SOLD are two different things. LOTS of things can go south on a real estate sale in 90 days. Most rental property I see comes with tenants intact. You might end up with a landlord begging you to stay.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; April 17, 2018, 09:21 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

You got 3 months to stake out part of the abandonded air field and live in the tunnel..
      Seriously.. Make momma buy you a house like your brother..

Comment

Why do the brothers always have the houses?

But seriously, from what I've read being homeless on the islands is no joke.
        Last edited by RockJustRock; April 18, 2018, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Plus selling and SOLD are two different things. LOTS of things can go south on a real estate sale in 90 days.

fgz, are you already CERTAIN there's nowhere to go with all of your stuff? have you already shopped it to the end?
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

That blows. Our favorite neighbor, the one we'd have dinner together weekly, etc, just moved at the end of last month because their land lord said he's putting the place up for sale. The guy is asking more than I think is market value and they definitely weren't ready to buy, particularly at the price asked. It SUCKED to watch them pack and go. I can't imagine with all the cars I got.

Maybe stick everything in container storage until your living arraingment is sorted?
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The place we were in went on the market and because we were already in it they asked if we were interested. The owners liked us, we took care of the place unlike the last 4 tennents. They told us a #, we lowballed, they countered with a number we never expected so we jumped.

I got lucky, I see this shit happen a lot. Guys will be in a place and get comfortable then the owner decides on a whim the place is going on the market with no warning and they want you out ASAP. Happened to my oldest at least 3 times.

I hope things work out for you. I've stored shit for friends in situations like this...too bad your inner circle is not so forthcoming with available space
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

yeah, im out of options and broke--remember, we got a kid with leukemia
                and (thanks to obungholecare, where we are forced to pay for homeless
                dudes, prisoners who want sex changes, illegal immigrants, etc...) his meds
                just jumped from $75/week copay to $300/week a few months ago.
                '
                i am so poor im having a hard time paying attention. all our savings
                have been eaten up over the last few years so we are literally flat broke.
                (why do you think im beating sh@t between two rocks to make it
                work 90% of the time?) this is why my projects take forever and a day.

we are probably going to end up homeless unless i get enough off the fire sale
                for first/last months deposit elsewhere and i just dont see it happening.
                as stated, this BLOWS. wish me luck cause im gonna need it.
                Last edited by fatguyzinc; April 18, 2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

This is kind of a dick move, but options are options, isn't there a 90 day eviction process? Meaning just not leave, and it takes 90 days before the police can force eviction? It was always in the back of my mind that one of my tentants would do that to me at the house I used to rent out. May buy you some time for options and save up deposit money?
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                    This is kind of a dick move, but options are options, isn't there a 90 day eviction process? Meaning just not leave, and it takes 90 days before the police can force eviction? It was always in the back of my mind that one of my tentants would do that to me at the house I used to rent out. May buy you some time for options and save up deposit money?
                    yup, but once they DO force you out (judgement against you ) and the sheriffs
                    physically make you leave, you are now responsible for paying for all the days
                    that apartment "could have been rented" at current market value if you werent
                    such a d*ck...

thanks for the tip, but i dont see that being a viable option. im just hoping i make enough
                    off the '55, assorted motors and such, dirtbikes, etc to get a new place.

Comment

With the 90 day notice given now I believe that cancels out any delays after the deadline. The Sherriffs can come right out July 1 and say hi and do the lockout. The question I have would be why don't the new owners want the current tenants to stay? Renovations? Rent increases?

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        With the 90 day notice given now I believe that cancels out any delays after the deadline. The Sherriffs can come right out July 1 and say hi and do the lockout. The question I have would be why don't the new owners want the current tenants to stay? Renovations? Rent increases?
                        bought by state for affordable housing ( section 8 )
                        so once again the common working man is being
                        stuffed to provide for leeches. unreal.

on top of THAT good news, i may be losing my job shortly too.
                        this just keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Section 8 is a Federal Program for property owners. Not something the state gets involved in. At least in CA. Also it is done on a unit by unit basis, not by the building. Anybody can rent to a Section 8 recipient so if the state is stepping in that would mean too many landlords saying NO. The landlords don't like riff raff like disabled Veterans and stuff. From my experience the only way a building gets set up FOR Section 8 is a new start-up that gets funding for ALSO renting to low income at a percentage of Market Rate. Section 8 Guarantees an owner FULL market rate. They also don't like their property subject to annual inspections for suitability. Of course if you are getting a decent income they don't want to hear from you, but as soon as you are NOT contact the County or City Housing Authority.

On the brighter side you CAN PROBABLY sue for relocation expenses, even WITH the 90 day notice IF the rest rings true. That could also include First, Last and Security, but first you will need to try to wrestle those from the present guy.

Sucks when the Homeless Situation hits the Housed, but Honolulu is at crisis level. Too bad, seems like such a nice place in the Test Drive Unlimited video games. I've blasted through there at 230 mph many a time. Too many one way streets though. Dodging the oncoming traffic is rough.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

i started by calling the inner circle of so called "friends",
                            as i should have KNOWN, everyone wants everything free
                            or ridiculously cheap.

i asked one friend about the white 454 vette. $7500, i said.
                            (keep in mind the LOW book is $16k, and everything in mine
                            from the radiator to the rear wheel bearings is new. plus its
                            got a 500+hp 461" and a full race trans...)
                            he counter offered $2000, and when i laughed he said when
                            you get down to the last couple days you'll be calling me and
                            begging for me to give you the $2k. i told him id rather push it
                            out into the street and light it on f@cking FIRE first.

Not my idea of "friends". On the other hand, if the vette is paid for, I would be advertising the hell out of it. If low book is 16k you should be able to move it or trade for something that would benefit you more for the moment.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Over the years I've known a couple different people well who were born in Hawaii, and moved to CA back-when for what they felt was a better life. More space, more opportunity, lower costs...still near the Pacific if you find yourself missing it. Around $1K to ship a car here.

Comment

Working...
                              X