No announcement yet.

when it rains it freaking POURS........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno...Rock... I bought one acre and a shack 32 yrs ago Now the city in it's wisdom is building 350-650K homes around me.. Even older houses like 20 year old ones are going for $350,000 with a small lot.
    I'm told my lot is worth $250,000 but tax value is 60.. Should I sell, where do I go? Stay in this shack? I own so no assistance allowed.
    Can rent and pay part of the rent but will not own it..
    Govmnt in it's wisdom decreed "wetlands" and put in a fish ladder. In a drainage ditch in 30 years only saw 2crawdads in..
    Then instead of meeting the road, they missed it. Like that old cartoon of train tracks mismeet.. Exactly like that and want 50' of my property,.

Comment

I thought you were pretty safely put there, aside from that recent bit chewed off you. Things getting tight for you too?

Are you thinking of building rental units? A full acre you could boost your income and keep a spot for you.

Relocating? Like I said I want to buy a lot from Native Americans somewhere warm.

If ritzy houses are really annoying you read up on "Gentrification". It's what is going on here and if there is an ugly trend you KNOW California will LEAD the way. .

During the housing bubble the goal was a $100K residence. Now the goal seems like a $1 Mil. income property with enough income off a cluster of 3-5 properties to get stinkin' filthy rich. The three bedroom home is a sweet spot for them with a gross cash flow approaching $3K a month. 3 or more condos is the other angle, but always with the "family" angle.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; May 25, 2018, 06:10 PM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Following some research Dallas is changing from a Weyerhaeuser Town to a bedroom for Salem. Yup, education, government, not really urban gentrification, but you are being gentrified. I can hear people talking about when the mill closed down in '09, probably after being idle quite a while.

Sounds like where I lived in Wisconsin.

Totally understandable thinking about what to do with that acre before that acre does something with Deaf Bob.

Comment

Going waaay out on a limb I'd think about trading down to 2-3 acres further from town yet within service distance and putting something cheap there to live in and watch THAT dirt get real expensive. You seem married to the area, family, hobbies and all. Developer Bob.

Comment

Working...
          X