Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I've always wanted a K5 Jimmy.

This is all started out with me thinking I'd convert my PreRunner to 4x4, but then thought it better not to mess with the daily driver. Maybe I'll just drive the Vette as a DD while the truck is being modified. The real trick is finding a donor parts rig around here.
    Buy a cowl hood, then you'll have something to look at while you're staring at the sky. I've owned bunches, but the biggest issue with those is sight lines. I hear Land Rover, though, is putting a camera on their bumpers so you can see through the hood - so there is a work-around.

As for converting, unless you're converting to something the factory didn't make (solid axle swap, for example), you'll spend 3 or 4 times more then if you simply sell it and buy a 4x4....

what really cracks me up about this discussion is I have enough small and large 4x4s to outfit all of you in your vehicle of choice. Even a 6.0 for diesel hater
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Found an excellent start and project.... I'm not a big fan of imports, and, I'm tempted by this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Toyota...pa5fz7&vxp=mtr Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	1198816
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        Found an excellent start and project.... I'm not a big fan of imports, and, I'm tempted by this one.
        That is awesome !

Comment

Found an excellent start and project.... I'm not a big fan of imports, and, I'm tempted by this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Toyota...pa5fz7&vxp=mtr Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	1198816
          I had that truck in blue. Loved it, literally drove the wheels off it. It also was the last truck Toyota made.... the rest are either a car or a me-too

Comment

I haven't got the funds, so you might want to make an offer.... these also make great homes for powerplant swaps!
            https://www.northwestoffroad.com/parts/engineswap.php
            Northwest Off-Road Specialties

ENGINE SWAP HEADERS
            HEAVY DUTY RADIATORS
            | HI-TORQUE V-8 STARTERS
            BOLT-IN MOTOR MOUNT | POWER STEERING KIT
            OIL PAN CONVERSION KITS | ENGINE ADAPTERS

ADJUSTABLE TRANSFER CASE MOUNTING PLATES & ALIGNMENT SHIMS
            V-8 ENGINE SWAP CLUTCHES | FLYWHEELS & CONVERSION COMPONENTS
            V-8 TRACTION BARS!
            | V-8 HEADERS
            NWOR ENGINE
            CONVERSION HEADERS

The headers shown for Toyota V6 and V8 truck engine conversions are designed to fit in a tight area. This allows maximum air flow between the header-to-the-body area while slightly increasing the truck’s performance. Our headers solve most exhaust hook-up problems and greatly reduce under-hood temperatures caused by using a factory-cast manifold in a different chassis than it was designed for. A body lift is recommended for proper clearance on all headers and will maximize air flow during low speed driving.

NWOR’s GM V8 swap headers features long 1-5/8” primary tubing creating big gains in low and midrange torque. The GM V8 header features heavy 3/8” flanges with O-ring sealing, 14 gauge tubing and NWOR “no gasket, no leak” ball joint connectors. These ball joints ensure ease of installation, and they allow severe engine movement in the chassis without causing header breakage or gasket leaks. This header offers maximum horsepower gains, best fit and clearance over any V8 conversion header sold. Many customers have told us “wish we had bought it the first time around - we really can feel the performance difference.”

NEW 5-SPEED HEADER NOW IN STOCK!

Chevy V8 Engine Swap Header (auto trans) N10078
            Chevy V8 Engine Swap Header (5-speed) NEW! N10079

NEW - NWOR'S N10076
            289-302 SMALL BLOCK FORD
            V8 SWAP HEADER!

The all-new header features 1 5/8" primary 14-guage tubing, plus heavy 3/8" thick laser cut flanges with welded O-rings for maximum sealing the first time! The long primary tubes provide lots of low-mid range punch creating added horsepower & torque. NWOR's "No Gasket, No Leak" ball joint connectors allow maximum engine movement in the chassis without causing header breakage or gasket leaks. This hi-torque Ford V8 header offer the best fit, ease of installation, and clearance over any small block swap header sold!
            289-302 Small Block Ford V8 Engine Swap Header N10076

NWOR'S N10072
            4.3 CHEVY V6 SWAP HEADER

NWOR's new 4.3 Ultra-Torque header fits inside the chassis on all 1979-1995 Toyota frames with lots of clearance and easy plug access. NWOR's 3/8-inch thick "no-leak" header flanges and heavy wall 14-guage tubing feature our famous 2 1/2-inch ball joint connectors! We have had lots of positive feedback regarding "great improvement in low-end torque and gas mileage!"
            4.3 V6 Chevy N10072

Site Updated 10/31/2017
            © Copyright NWOR, Inc.
            All Rights Reserved
            - Sitemap
            Do not reproduce without permission.
            Design & Hosting by Duane Elliott Ent.
            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Even I think that is an excellent idea . Plenty of room for your stuff . Still plenty light . What is the pre runner ?
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

there, fixed it for you
                Not funny Aaron.... HILARIOUS!
                and to think.... I am still on your side of the opinions regarding unmentioned nefarious individuals....
                Last edited by silver_bullet; April 29, 2018, 01:57 PM.
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141025_145344405_zps1ab0e21e.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1198828 I know I'm big.... not embarrassed of it either!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    What is the pre runner ?
                    The PreRunner is a sub-model of the Toyota Tacoma, introduced for the 1998 model year. The PreRunner is a two-wheel drive that shares the same taller suspension and six-bolt wheel lug pattern as the four-wheel drive. Along with the four-wheel drive model, it was also available with the TRD Off-Road Package that included a locking rear differential.

Here's a pic of my 2001

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1198836

Comment

The PreRunner is a sub-model of the Toyota Tacoma, introduced for the 1998 model year. The PreRunner is a two-wheel drive that shares the same taller suspension and six-bolt wheel lug pattern as the four-wheel drive. Along with the four-wheel drive model, it was also available with the TRD Off-Road Package that included a locking rear differential.

PoserRunner ;) for the fiscally responsible mall runner. What's funny, though, is those tend to hold their value more then the 4x versions.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20141025_145344405_zps1ab0e21e.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1198828 I know I'm big.... not embarrassed of it either!
                        I wheel with a guy who drives an early CJ, he is his own passenger and he's not the first - Brian Beam (no relation) has that honor, he drove an MB on 44s .... it was always fun to watch him put on his 'skinny' jeep. To this day I'm certain there was a quantum field in it because there is no way that 6-8, 330 lb person fit in an MB....yet I saw it, and he did.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

PoserRunner ;) for the fiscally responsible mall runner.
                          Guilty as charged .... I'm so ashamed.

Comment

Guilty as charged .... I'm so ashamed.

Name:	ivan-ironman-stewart.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	1198843
                            Don't be.... desert pre-runners are very often rear wheel drive lookl at ironnman Ivan Stewart!
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20141025_145344405_zps1ab0e21e.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	1198828 I know I'm big.... not embarrassed of it either!
                              I wheel with a guy who drives an early CJ, he is his own passenger and he's not the first - Brian Beam (no relation) has that honor, he drove an MB on 44s .... it was always fun to watch him put on his 'skinny' jeep. To this day I'm certain there was a quantum field in it because there is no way that 6-8, 330 lb person fit in an MB....yet I saw it, and he did.

Comment

Name:	ivan-ironman-stewart.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	1198843
                                Don't be.... desert pre-runners are very often rear wheel drive lookl at ironnman Ivan Stewart!
                                that's a mid-engine buggy, any similarity that has to a real truck is purely fiction and crepe paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X