Pressure Washer Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    Peewee drain the gas, my guess if it's sat a long time the gas/ethanol has separated.
    Yep, that's the next thing. I know some weeds that need that old gas.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      There's always a spray can of starter fluid to consider.... But don't use too much or you'll blow it up.... Ask me how I know.
      Ok....how do you know?

Comment

There's always a spray can of starter fluid to consider.... But don't use too much or you'll blow it up.... Ask me how I know.
        Thanks for the reminder... had the generator throw a fit while doing the spring change-over... lil shot of ether....and fired right up....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Ok....how do you know?
          Pretty sure you already guessed....

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Pretty sure you already guessed....
            I already guessed, but how loud was it? Did it go POW, or what? I might want to try that on the pressure washer, it's leaking oil like a bad well already.

Comment

The bang made us flinch. And the disastrous aftermath was quickly made evident.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

The bang made us flinch. And the disastrous aftermath was quickly made evident.
                Is it dangerous? Do parts fly? I'm serious, I might want to blow this pressure washer up so I can go get another one.

Comment

Question Pee Wee, don't take this as throwing shade, but, have you even TOUCHED said pressure washer or Weber grill since starting this thread? You are SUCH a planner! Measure twice, think about it, measure again, post about it here, measure a few more times, THEN cut.

.....and you still owe us all donuts.
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; April 30, 2018, 03:43 AM.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

.....and you still owe us all donuts.
                    Dang, you sure are a needy feller. I cut the grass and ran the weed eater for ya. And I changed the gas in the pressure washer and it still won't crank. It's so dead I'm suspecting spark, but now Plan A has evolved and I don't have enough time to mess with it. ....As you accurately surmised.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Dang, you sure are a needy feller. I cut the grass and ran the weed eater for ya. And I changed the gas in the pressure washer and it still won't crank. It's so dead I'm suspecting spark, but now Plan A has evolved and I don't have enough time to mess with it. ....As you accurately surmised.
                      Take plug out, put it back in the wire, short the body on the frame.. Yank rope.. Plug should blow blue sparks across the gap..

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Not going to let you forget the not-racecar tires....

Comment

Not going to let you forget the not-racecar tires....
                          Those tires went on a some kind of benign something that they would fit. I even forget now who took them for free. The fun part was stacking them up in the security lobby at the paper mill and watching people walk past them. "What thu.....?" HAhahAhahAH!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

donuts...... blown donuts......

Comment

donuts...... blown donuts......
                              Nobody would "give" me some 18x8 steelies to put them on, and I didn't want to pay for them. And then the new back brakes and those tires had to GO. Yep, blown donuts opportunity. If I check out slow, I'll be in the hospital bed, fading away, thinking, "Man, I wish I had done those donuts."

Comment

I purchased a new pressure washer for Home Boy Depot.

I got it home and told my son to open the box and check it out and that's where we found the piece of paper that said if this unit is missing any parts DO NOT bring it back to the store where you purchased it. It said to call the 800 number.

Well since I wanted to use it right away I took it back to the store and started opening other boxes looking for the missing part I needed.

The guy at Home Boy comes over and asks me what I am doing and I explain that I just purchased the pressure washer but it was missing a key part to use it.
                                He looked at me and said they all are missing the same part.

I looked at him and said so now they are buying seconds from the manufacturers and selling them as New knowing they are missing parts.

One other interesting thing about the new pressure washer was it say's to add 12 oz of oil which I did but it would not start and after checking and realizing it had no spark at the plug.

I call the 800 number and they guy on the phone asks me where I purchases the unit and what model I had.

He then tells me all of the manuals that came with my model were printed with the wrong instructions and that I should add another 2 oz of oil and sure enough it fired right up on the first pull.

That when I realized all of these newer small engines have a sending unit in the crankcase to save the engine if the oil is low.

I bought a Brand New car and because the guy at the dealership is a friend he also told if the car ever feels to start to check the oil level first!!!!!!

Jim Hill
                                Last edited by Jimbo17; May 1, 2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X