No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had so many grills, more than the average sane person would have. At one point I kept on buying grills without getting rid of the other ones, I had 5 on the patio in SC. It was a Doctor Phil situation. When Sue Unit and I got married, I lit them all for the wedding reception party, made up a reason for every one of them to be going..

But the igniter is the first thing to go, even with the Weber. Just forget it and get one of those long butane lighters, that's not an obstacle.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

So.... the Silver Summit is STILL calling?
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        So.... the Silver Summit is STILL calling?
        Uhhhh no. I'm recovering now. Hopefully that manifold is the right one when it gets here and we'll have "a" grill.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
          But the igniter is the first thing to go, even with the Weber. Just forget it and get one of those long butane lighters, that's not an obstacle.
          I have a long lighter, oh and I already bought an igniter for a whopping $8.69 shipped off ebay. Wife doesn't like lighting the grill manually, so I kinda had to get a new igniter..

Comment

very well understood, now about the person who left the battery in the old one.....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

What timing. Just amazing. Today I ordered custom made Weber stickers for the car. Only because I'm such a big fan with a story to go behind it. What other grill can last 20 years (and more) if you keep putting parts on it? I'm STILL a fan.

Ten minutes after I clicked GO on the the order for the stickers for the car, FedEx dropped off the package from Weber. They sent the wrong part. It's the right part, it fits perfectly and of course works like a brand new one, but the header they sent has no provision for the side burner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010253.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1201354

I saw at least 5 of these headers while I was searching on the computer. And yes it fits perfectly and works perfectly. But the side burner....it proves that even Weber no longer has the right part for this one particular grill. They must have made only one of these grills in their production run 20-something years ago, and I have it.

Now I have to do some redneck engineering to see if I can rig up two tanks at the same time when I want to use the side burner, which I really do use. The quick fitting for the side burner to the old header is not the same as the quick fitting that used to go to the tank. But I have parts in the pile that MAY go together. Maybe. Something else to mess with.

Comment

My $20 big ole bbq needs fire tubes.. Has a rotisterie and 2 catalitic sear pads. One on the side where most have a burner.
                Darn thing is so big I pulled a muscle in August loading the damn thing. My kids unloaded it for me. I smoke pork roasts in it..
                Works good! See the parts I need online but got other priorities lined up..
                Darn thing has 5 adjustable knobs and the 2 sear pads.. Would rather have a burner..
                Was sold new for $5-800 So I'm money ahead

Comment

You know Pdub, you may want to check out turkey fryers for a side burner/ regulator assembly....
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    You know Pdub, you may want to check out turkey fryers for a side burner/ regulator assembly....
                    Patrick, you're an absolute GENIUS! I've got an old turkey fryer under the house. I would have never thought in a hundred years to do that. Those parts fit perfectly.

But it doesn't work, and I don't know why. When I was taking so many fittings apart, some of them spewed little spring check valve sort of things out of them. I guess I've messed it up pretty good, the side burner part of it at least. We'll work around it/without it. It's amazing what we all will do instead of buying new stuff. I think they call that "stubborn."

Comment

That was probably the Spring out of the regulator! Can you possibly take the regulator from your old system and put it on there or if you don't have one the Walmart usually sells regulators and hoses!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Man I next to nearly burned the house down. I went out there and tried one more time to light that side burner and wow, did "it" ever light. Every fitting on the side burner I'd been messing with lit. I've never seen anything like it. I'm glad I had my face out of the way when I hit the igniter. I've been messing with LP for a whole lot of years on a whole lot of things but I've never seen anything like that.

Comment

Pics??!!

Comment

Light it AGAIN on Go Pro? I mean just for us to SHARE in the MOMENT!
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

No, once was enough. It took me about ten more minutes to realize that was scary.

Comment

Only bad part bout using turkey fryers is they are set at a temp that is little warmer than hi in the house?
                                I want to use one that way.. Might need a wy to lift the pan higher away fom the flame.

Comment

Working...
                                X