Vettes, Love 'Em or Hate 'Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vettes, Love 'Em or Hate 'Em

Click image for larger version  Name:	31492846_10156571933800809_3844771705956335616_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	1198912But *I* gotta give racers chops for making the new ones look WICKED. THIS evil looking critter just set a new record of 230 MPH in the 1/2 mile....... To me it is saying "Pro Tourer My Ass, hold my beer and watch THIS!". Freakin STANCE for DAYS!

Click image for larger version  Name:	31493993_10156447865492112_1122712521417949184_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	358.6 KB ID:	1198911
    Last edited by RockJustRock; April 30, 2018, 04:23 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

"Hate" is such a strong word ... but I do like the latest Gen. C7.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1450.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	1198915

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        "Hate" is such a strong word ... but I do like the latest Gen.
        Uh oh, Music Video Interlude!

Comment

To cleanse the palette, THOSE tail lights. And that lil' strip down the back glass? $199.95. Vette guys! Different car of course....

Name:	c7%20corvette%20painted%20split%20window%20trim_540x410.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1198918

Comment

Where that kind of styling BELONGS.....

Name:	Lexus-LCh-description-gallery-overlay-1204x677-LEX-LCH-MY18-0038.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	1198921

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              And that lil' strip down the back glass? $199.95.
              That is just plain wrong !

Comment

I guess I'm weird. OK, I AM weird...... But I can take or leave 'Vettes. I don't have a desire to own one but I like some of 'em (Dan B's for example) but mostly if one fell in my lap I'd take it. And they have always been a lot of car for the $$ - they should be compared to other high-powered cars with decent brakes, good handling, and generally good looks (there were exceptions on the "looks" thing). Oh, and they pretty much start and run every time you hit the key.

Dan

Comment

Superman's 80 Vette is only "shaped" like an 80 Vette. It's all new and radicalized and more-bettered, including chrome under the hood.

I've typed it here before, but we were at an autocross event in Chattanooga. It was SM's turn to run and the announcer said, "Folks, this is one of those off-year Corvettes that nobody wants, but this is the prettiest one of those you'll sever see."
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I like some Vettes, mostly gen2's and early gen3's, but, the engineering is wonderful for the price point, especially in the later generations !
                    I'll probably never own one, but that's because I like company when traveling...
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; April 30, 2018, 07:55 AM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well I wanted one since I was 8 when I saw a 68, never obsessed just liked the chrome bumper C3's. Didn't buy one till I was 49. Of course as Patrick stated kinda limited on space with two boys but it's fun to drive, it's become my therapy. I just drop the top and meander through the back roads, sometimes John my youngest goes with me. I'd sell it way before my 68 Nova, had it since I was sixteen.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

my favorite is C3s, sexiest shape ever (my opinion) but I like my cars like my women - with curves. C1, C2, C4 even C5s aren't curvy (not that there's anything wrong with that or the people who like them) but it just doesn't appeal to me. And let me double down and irritate more - I think all the mid-60s (midsized) sedans are ugly - someone put a car roof on a box.

did I miss anyone's toes? do tell me, I won't care, but do tell so I can laugh.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 30, 2018, 10:15 AM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Perry, there ya go. You and Dan B are the OTHER great Corvette guys, though I woldn't even think that way, a category.

So I guess my thing is, why do all the assholes who drive a Corvette take it to a road course and immediately become even BIGGER assholes? And to Rock's point earlier, not very many get taken "out" at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            Perry, there ya go. You and Dan B are the OTHER great Corvette guys, though I woldn't even think that way, a category.

So I guess my thing is, why do all the assholes who drive a Corvette take it to a road course and immediately become even BIGGER assholes? And to Rock's point earlier, not very many get taken "out" at all.
                            wait until you go off-roading and meet someone who overheated their credit card on a Jeep JK.....
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I need to back off a bit, I'm sure, since I'm having a flashback. It was at Barber. A guy with a Corvette. He was older than me. By a while. We talked in the motel parking lot, he told me the whole thing, he'd wanted a Vette since they were invented, wife died, looking at mortality, gonna spend everything he had left, why not? So he got the Vette.

He was a new owner of a new Vette, he'd never done a race track, nothing like it, ever. He was scared sick, trembling in the motel parking lot the day before the event, talking about it. Yes, he had committed to something he was thinking about backing out of, I mean he was SCARED and he hadn't even seen the track yet.

I sat with him at the motel breakfast the next morning, Track Day, he looked like.... he had not slept for worrying. Not a minute's sleep. I felt bad for the guy, but he was doing something I guess sort of a challenge to himself, but we was not up to it but he did it.

And he got out there on the track with an instructor in the new Vette with him, and .....yep, if a "Car" can look terrified from all angles, yeah. It made me nervous too, coming up on him. I'm checking the mirror to make sure I wasn't gonna get run over before I ran over HIM.

Comment

Working...
                              X