The Election.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Election.

So what do you guys think, is there anyone really worth voting for. I'm from AZ and McCain has always been a good senator here, but he does seem kind of wishy-washy at times. And then you got Monica Lewensky's ex-boyfriends wife, and a black guy who's Church(religion) makes him swear an oath to his motherland of Africa above and beyond anything else. Is it just me or are they just giving us the bottom of the barrel. I mean isn't there anyone out there that is worth voting for. Now I can see were a lot of people don't want to vote because they don't want to be blamed for Bush's mistakes that will come out in the next four years. And hell I don't blame them.

And one more thing I really haven't heard about this guy but I have seen a lot of bumperstickers and signs around town saying he's running for President. The guys name is Ron Paul, what do you guys know about him. What I've heard is wants to get rid of big government and go back to the teachings of the constitution. Basically he want's to give the government back to the people. But other than that I don't know that much about him, and it seems that the media doesn't want to endorse him. Which in my opinion might make him worth looking at.

Anyway what are your guys thoughts, who do you think will make a good President.

Re: The Election.

This is by far the worst choice that I can ever remember. I believe that this year it will turn into voting against a candidate. I have no idea who to vote for. All I know is that Obama and Hillary scare the crap out of me.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Hey, give Hillary a break, how many wives would forgive there husbands for getting a blow job......
      I am voting for HILLARY......
      The only reason she scares you is because she is WOMEN......LMAO, I scare my husband all the time, he ducks alot.....
      I look at it this way, the eight years the CLINTONS were in office were some of the best years I had making some money......the past 8 yrs have totally SUCKED.....

Comment

I will by no means be voting for Obama (or Hillary for that matter) but 90% of the anti-american stuff said about him is false. He says the pledge of allegence (hand over the heart and everything), he was sworn in with a bible, is a Christian, etc. I just think information should be correct.

Ron Paul looks like a good canidate, I like what he says but I think he doesn't fully understand the powers of the President and what he can do or not do domestic policy wise. A strong leader in congress would have a better chance of making the changes he wants to make.

McCain had his shot in 2000, and as you pointed out he seems to be wishy-washy at times and seems more so in the last few years. I still like him, but my preference is Romney, he seems like a good canidate for capital and industrialist which I'm for. And as Stephen Colbert said, "You know what Mitt Romney in German is? With Romney." ;D

That's all I'm going to say to this, I don't debate politics, I vote ;)
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

He can proove it by showing his donations to the Christian church, I dont believe it....and his name sure isnt a Christian name......

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
            He can proove it by showing his donations to the Christian church, I dont believe it....and his name sure isnt a Christian name......
            And what is a "Christian" name? If you are referring to the internet story about his Muslim past, check out Snopes. It is all a total lie. Like him politically or not, spreading that kind of crap is just not right.

I think that this will be another election with most people voting against someone rather than for anyone. That's too bad.

Comment

Remember this...if you like guns, you better stay the hell away from Obama and Clinton...

Comment

Food for thought:

You're guaranteed to lose "internet-friends" fast and dampen a pleasant friendly

welcoming atmosphere when even "attempting" to "discuss" politics and/or religion.

We car-buds should enjoy our genuine unity around all our cars & related-projects

and not develop splits & divisions, attitudes & arguments, while raising tempers

voices, & blood-pressure over such extremely volatile & inflammatory issues.

There are thousands of boards for that very purpose already.

Like a well organized shop or tool box, everything has its own place.

Please, let's do all we can to keep this special website friendly & helpful.

Let our core commonalities transcend any differences during our visits here.

Comment

hehe

politics , religion, AND women all the three thing friends shouldnt discuss

Comment

Two Lane.... I love ya buddy.... A fella has to sleep sometime and Your post is EXACTLY what I would have written...

TC and Spidy have already done this dance else where and it wasn't polite or good for anyone involved... both are bright and articulate... but the point is They could have just as easily done it else where and ALL the rest of us would have been better off for it...

David gets to control content... So I won't say NO... I'll let him do that... but I'll dang sure discourage it on a "Car" board...

( yeah I read the title to this section... yes I know you have the right to free speach... yes I know you think people are interested in this ... Yes I know your going to respond and start a downward sprial of this section too... ) Seriously... PLEASE take this somewhere, Anywhere, else....

Keith Turk
                    206 Sylvan Dr
                    Enterprise Al. 36330 ( where to send the mail bomb )

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
                      Remember this...if you like guns, you better stay the hell away from Obama and Clinton...
                      And your right to free speech!

Comment

No Comment.

Comment

all I know is I hope like hell whoever is elected can put more than a bandaid on our economy. I have been putting about 20% of my salary in a 401k plan and have it pretty well diversified and lately each month the ballance is still going down. If it dont turn around soon my early retirement after working 35 years at the same job will be in jepordy.

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                            Hey, give Hillary a break, how many wives would forgive there husbands for getting a blow job......
                            I am voting for HILLARY......
                            The only reason she scares you is because she is WOMEN......LMAO, I scare my husband all the time, he ducks alot.....
                            I look at it this way, the eight years the CLINTONS were in office were some of the best years I had making some money......the past 8 yrs have totally SUCKED.....
                            I will remind you the Internet bubble is gone( this, not Clinton is what made your money go up), and the Government was not under control till Newt showed up and the 1994 Congress. If Ms. Clinton is elected you can be on your taxes going up and less money in your pocket, less rights, more EPA shutting down Racing.

It has nothing to do with her being a woman and more to do with her ideas, but she like a lot of women will fall back on just what you did every time, Turning victim. You want equality, Racing is it for women your treated just like a guy on the track so dont cry when you are, if that is what you want, and she should not cry when she is either, just like that morning in the coffee shop crying will not help us at this point in time in the world.

All our choices right now are crap on both sides, its who will do the less harm.
                            They will all say, and do anything to get the job.

Our founding fathers are rolling over in there graves from what we have turned their start on a Great Country into.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I have always enjoyed the varied topics that can be found in the "general discussion" sections of message boards. However, it seems as though many (including myself, sometimes) cannot discuss politics without it getting personal. Play nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X