No announcement yet.

A Vega Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice air checks, RJR, but you may have missed part of my point. The "pure rock" format on KNAC went on the air in 1986, which was years after The Knack's "My Sharona" charted.

The Knack emerged as a club band on Sunset Strip during the late '70s. The FM station licensed to Long Beach was reportedly punk/new wave/alternative at the time . . . . So the naming thing is a ridiculous coincidence or . . . maybe . . . something intentional that somebody must have thought was an attention-getting idea . . .

Sure, my post was completely derivative . . . .I "hadn't done nothing that hadn't been done before"

Comment

The call letters were assigned in the 60s.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

My dad warned me about spotlights. It seems that back in the 1940s, he was riding with his firend "Poochie." Poochie's Model A had an accessory spotlight. And these jocular youths thought it was fun to go to under the under-construction Route 66 viaduct and "light up" parkers seeking a few minutes of romantic privacy.

Fun that is until some war-hardened vet popped out of his presumed petting palace-car brandishing a big revolver . . . .
        No fun in that... Lived on the farm, had sheep.. Needed to check for foxes cougars and coyotes... And seeing deer before we hit them.. Having the spot light with 100 watt landing lights we could see FAR. And have time to slow...
        I never found it fun to bother neckers...

A friend took me to a spot near where he worked as a logger by a christmas tree farm and shone the light on 100's of deer.. Herded up.. Never saw such a sight before nor since..

Comment

Working...
        X