Winner shot after winning derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winner shot after winning derby

Vic Whaley Jr was shot 2 times by a competitor's father after winning the main event in Ill or Indiana on friday night
    Rumor mill says he is home and bullet was not removed..
    I tried to find out more info but could not
    He is 43 years old and just loves demolition derbys..
    Nobody should have to worry about being shot for winning
    Vic used to run the TNN derbys in the 90's
    Has ran Blizzard Bash in Kansas..

If anybody local can find news please post it up...

All I could find was that his nickname is "Bub" and he is from Illinois.

Comment

SPARTA, IL. -- Police in Sparta, Illinois are investigating a shooting that followed an altercation between two individuals after a demolition derby at the town's Carnival In The Park.  Two people were wounded in the incident that began 40 minutes after the derby.  The incident began when a spectator shot and injured one of the demolition derby drivers Police say both men involved are not residents of Sparta.  The spectator was also injured after accidentally shooting himself in the hand.  The driver was shot in the abdomen and airlifted to a St. Louis hospital, where he was treated and released.  The spectator and a woman, who police say was also armed, were both arrested.   

News I found. Next is fb post by his son

Comment

Update: the true story.
        From the family...
        We have had serious death threats from the family. This was not just brought on from the derby. Katey has been causing nothing but problems. My sister rode in the derby with dad last night. And when she got to her phone and turned it on she had received very rude messages from katey. One thing lead to another. Dad was sticking up for his daughter as would any dad that is put in the situation. Kateys dad threatened to shoot dad as he is holding to gun at dad's head. He put the gun down and hit dad upside the head with a heavy duty flash light. A hit that should of knocked him out. As soon as it happened dad natural instinct was to fight back. Protecting himself and my sister. They finally got dad off of him and that is when he shot dad. Dad wasn't on the ground until after the second shot. Katey stood over my dad saying shoot him again. Shoot him again. Then took the gun from her dad and waved it at mom saying your daughter is next. If that explains to anyone how messed up and sickening they are then I don't know what is. Her smiling in her mug shot... pathetic. Justice will finally be served. Thankful the law is finally doing something with the family. We have been dealing with them for awhile. It's just sad this is what it came to for the law to finally do something about it when it should have been handled the first time.

Never in my life did I expect to get the phone call I did last night. So thankful to have dad right at home where he belongs! Dad is ok just a little sore. We can't even put into words how thankful we are for all the love and support we have been receiving from everyone all over the United States. We are overwhelmed!

Just a little summary. Dad was shot twice, point blank range. One bullet went through and through in the abdomen. And the other was in the pelvic region and the bullet has moved down to his groin area. SLU preformed a cat scan. Nothing was damaged. They are leaving the bullet in his leg, they said it will work its way out.

As for all the hearsay bullshit that has been said all over facebook. Don't believe it unless you have actually spoken to one of us. We (the family) know exactly what happened. So the rumors aren't necessary.

Praying for a quick recovery. We have a Metal Mayhem car to build and run next month! Champs gonna go for 3 in a row! #prayersfor14  #keepemcoming

Comment

Kinda sad when someone feels it necessary to wave a gun and use it after a derby..

Like my mom told me years ago when I had a fit in the pits..
          "Remember Bob, it's supposed to be fun, you told me"
          Yes I was a little boy when she said that. Nevermind I'm 2X as tall and heavy as her..

There really is no reason to get mad after a derby. Sometimes I feel mad but bite it and go shake the winner's hand!

All us in the derby world here in the PNW are just shocked out fun sport has come to this
          Many derby's rules state "NO GUNS IN PITS"

All our best from one derby family to another...Get well Vic!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            All I could find was that his nickname is "Bub" and he is from Illinois.
            Thanks.. Got real busy today and did not get to sit till dark thirty..

Talked to a friend who knows Vic.. He sounds like a great guy.

Comment

Working...
            X