. . . .What!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . . . .What!?

24 years ago I purchased this gas can to specifically haul waste oil to the parts store, it's never had gas in it. Today I had to buy a new battery so I went down to the O'Reilly I've been shopping at for the last 10 years. I told the parts counter kid who was about the same age as the jug I had some waste oil.He tells me he can't accept it because it's in a "gas can", OSHA regulations he says. He told me to bring it in a milk jug or something instead! WTF! I've about had it with this place anyway, anything I need they have to order. You know, weird stuff like an air filter for a Crown Victoria. After driving away I realized what I should have done was drag the battery back in and get a refund and tell him he just lost a customer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_104329.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	828.3 KB
ID:	1200520
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Gary, I'm not sure I'd get fed up with an establishment over one wayward employee. But I might. Just sayin.

But I'll get polar and say what makes ME go .

It's that damned California gas can for the lawn mower. They've made it all the way over here to Tennessee. With the no-leak snozzle and you are supposed to put the snout in the gas hole and mash it down in a certain way so the thing allows flow like a NASCAR gas can.....the heck with that. Just take the whole thing off and pour the gas into a great big funnel and spill gas everywhere and get the mower running.

Who wins that? California? I don't think so. Just sayin.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

yeah, that's a 'call corporate' issue so they can replace the taco guy with the fry guy.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Not good. Still, I suppose when the kid got whatever passes for "training" in these places they told him not to take oil in gas cans so he did what he was told. Discretion - um - no. I've taken oil in all kinds of cans (Advance) and they always happily accept it. Not sure I've taken a red can, though.

Dan

Comment

Ask for the corporate customer service phone number... that will either change his tune, or, call it and his bluf and complain... Sean got fired, just because of "that guy" who wanted to warranty out two batteries that load tested fine, but, he wanted them replaced a month before the warranty expired with two new fully warranted ones...( you know where this was headed)... said customer now works at the same store and bails to behind the racks every time any of us enter the store...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
          X