Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain.... How Did We Get From Corvettes To Garden Tractors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain.... How Did We Get From Corvettes To Garden Tractors?

Waiting....
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    Waiting....
    always looking to upgrade your current ride

Comment

c'mon fellas.... Pdub can do pressure washers and barbeques.... hell, even I work on stuff other than cars and trucks.... I can't afford to buy new every time stufffff breaks!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

This is how!

Riding lawn mower rules;

1. All mowers must have a kill cord similar to Sea-Dos and snowmobiles they must function and will be tested
        2. Must be a factory lawn mower engine Briggs & Stratton Tecumseh Onan Etc
        3. No zero turn mowers
        4. Only belt driven mowers no shaft drives
        5. Electric start mowers preferred you must be able to start your mower from the seated position
        6. Battery and fuel tank must be securely mounted absolutely no leaks fuel tanks must have caps
        7. All plastic and lights must be removed (plastic fuel tanks are allowed) Non metal hoods may be replaced with sheet metal close to factory Body Lines ( no you can't have a Cadillac front clip for your hood)
        8. All mowers must have leg and feet guards with sheet metal covering the outside installed  and must be safe any guard that falls off during the event will be disqualified
        9. Second fire will be disqualified
        10. Seat back bar and roll bar are allowed
        11. Exhaust must not extend out of the mower Hood area must be safe
        12. Modifications or replacement of the drive pulleys are allowed
        13. Transaxles must be Factory available transaxles but reinforcing and or welding the spider gears is  aloud
        14. Bumpers front and rear must be safe no pointed or Jagged bumpers
        15. No protecting the tires Factory rear fenders are aloud
        16. Mounting the front axle "solid" is allowed
        17. A number must be visible on  hood a non-removable number on your shirt is allowed
        18. Helmets, eye protection, Long sleeve shirts and pants are required no exceptions gloves are recommended but optional

Comment

That sucks. I was planning to run w/o pants.

Dan

Comment

Year's ago I watched lawnmower drag racing on a grass track, it was cool. The unlimited class was pulling the front tires 15-20 ft. All I've seen since are roundy or road course.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

[QUOTE=RockJustRock;n1201093]Waiting....[/QUOTE
              ]Because I love them and really , the polarizing spree was polarizing .I was about to go away for a about a month so I thought I'd try to derail the stupidity of it all .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was a lawnmower race on dirt around hay bales at a Watermelon festival in rural SC. Those things were Junior Johnson hopped up, and the guys were all pulling on strings connected to the carb with one had and trying to steer with the other hand. That was awesome.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have never actually seen lawn mower racing . I've seen it on the small screen , but never actually been to one . On the other hand I have been to a Lawn Mower / tractor pull and it was pretty cool .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think Bar Stool Racing kinda outdid Lawn Mower Racing, now don't even start! Actually most recently it was Barbie Car Racing.

Comment

Oh Gawd NO! Barbie JEEP Racing!

Comment

Here's what I'm talking about . No car engines ..........not that there's anything wrong with that .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                        X