Hey Dan Stokes - A Land Speed Technical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    Be vewwy, vewwy careful.... Dynamometer is Greek for "Whatever could ever break, will".
    Dyno Man is vewwy vewwy good at what he does. He got way more out of Red's blower setup than the kit claimed, and then he backed off a tweak for long term dependability and it's still more than it should be.

Bluebelle will do just fine. This will be great.

But now the Retirement Racing Team has to rally like NASCAR and get two cars ready to go to the race in case Bluebelle experiences problems on the dyno on Thursday. Lots of stickers and wheels and lug nuts and crawling around and jacking.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

And Torque wrenches...
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Dyno Man is vewwy vewwy good at what he does. He got way more out of Red's blower setup than the kit claimed, and then he backed off a tweak for long term dependability and it's still more than it should be.

Bluebelle will do just fine. This will be great.

But now the Retirement Racing Team has to rally like NASCAR and get two cars ready to go to the race in case Bluebelle experiences problems on the dyno
        on Thursday. Lots of stickers and wheels and lug nuts and crawling around and jacking.
        Try to get it all dialed in and ready to go so you can just sit and rest before going.. You noticed last trip and I see it all the time, being too tired takes some of the fun out!
        Go gettum.. Have fun! STAY HEALTHY

Comment

I don't know where RJR has been doing his dyno time but a decent dyno guy will warm the car, warm the dyno, and get a feel that all is OK before taking measurements. We have a shop here in town where their reputation exceeds their abilities and they blow stuff up all the time. The guy I use follows good practices and pretty much never blows anything up. Like any other trade, some are good at it and some just do it. Sounds like PW has a good shop to work with.

EDIT: And I agree w/Bob. Don't get yourself so worked up that you can't DO the meet! I'm looking forward to dining with you.

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; May 25, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

EDIT: And I agree w/Bob. Don't get yourself so worked up that you can't DO the meet! I'm looking forward to dining with you.

Dan
            Dan do you need me to bring my impact wrench for you to use if you need it?

And I'm going to get Bluebelle a fresh set of tires, like, NOW, because hers are too old. I'll let the guys at the tire store do half of the prep work for me while they've got her off the ground. Always thinking.....and where's the new tech sheet that Unit says they're talking about over on FB?
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              I don't know where RJR has been doing his dyno time but a decent dyno guy will warm the car, warm the dyno, and get a feel that all is OK before taking measurements. We have a shop here in town where their reputation exceeds their abilities and they blow stuff up all the time. The guy I use follows good practices and pretty much never blows anything up. Like any other trade, some are good at it and some just do it. Sounds like PW has a good shop to work with.

Dan
              I keep having Project Buford flashbacks.....
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
              X