The Over Achievers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Over Achievers

Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of the new ultra muscle cars. I'm even optimistic the resale values WON'T reflect the inflated window prices and dealer price gouging. But OH the sticker shock! You can't convince me an SRT Durango has equal value to TWO SXT Durangos. Like I said I expect that margin to drop to 20-30% non-enthusiast market used. Good deals on Gen 3-5 Camaros, Fox and Coyote Mustangs and Gen 3 Hemis are around. But what if you like stuff NEW or just not pre-hammered almost to durability oblivion? I think the magazines need to start talking about the OVER ACHIEVERS. Cars that due to power optmisation for fuel economy and efficiency just HAPPEN to be able to crack off a 14 or even 13 second quarter mile STOCK. With a little hot rodding who knows? ANY pass over 100 MPH trap speed is FUN and respectable. It's coming back to just the driver. Who drives their car, groceries, school, work and soccer practice and who DRIVES their car, Drag Racing, Autocross and Track Days. Those who don't give a crap about what their car looks like and those who practice the Art Of The Stance. Those who think about how well their car crashes vs. those who DON'T yet are willing to risk that crash anyway. If nothing else it must be nice "putting your foot into" your "daily" and having it kick BACK, huh? Little Ole' Ladies In Pasadena are wheeling Hemis and don't even REALIZE it!
    My hobby is needing a hobby.
Working...
X