The Laundry Tub Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Laundry Tub Syndrome

Since I'm causing way too much noise on here to begin with, and it's fun (to me at least), I'll pose another thing.

Since hooking up with Sue Unit, I've been along for the ride a whole lot of times while visiting her family members in Pittsburgh. And I think I've been in 7 or 8 houses in Pittsburgh. And every one of them has one of these, Unit says they are called "laundry tubs." It's a staple item in every house. It's typically on the lowest level, either beside or between the washer and dryer. It would appear that it's federal law in Pittsburgh that every house has to have a laundry tub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laundry Tub.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1201570
    Every house has one up there. And I'd never seen one of these until I went up there. Just saying. what's up with laundry tubs?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

A place to prewash stuff before placing in the washer....the family cat for instance....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      A place to prewash stuff before placing in the washer....the family cat for instance....
      Oh HELL no.

Comment

Look up the character "Bill the cat"
        Click image for larger version

Name:	826451a50b789ac109a6a71f9ecec5ad--bill-the-cat-bloom-county-bloom-county-comics.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1201577
        Last edited by silver_bullet; May 19, 2018, 07:04 PM.
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Of course you realize, although I am a dog person, I'm just kidding... I have had bad experiences with cats and still would not want anything to happen to Kenny.....
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Look up the character "Bill the cat"
            Ok. This is pretty messed up.

Comment

Ack - Ack!!!! So.........are you trying to say that you don't believe the story of Hill the Cat? Or you've just never been enlightened by it before?
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Cats do not require a pre wash . They go straight to the washer .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Obviously nobody's interested in discussing laundry tubs I'll have to start more trouble somehow.

Comment

I have one outside. I wash the radishes, onions, and what-not from the garden before cleaning them and bringing them inside. In the winter, I put all the sprinklers and rain gauge in it.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

You have it all wrong How to Wash a Cat

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. At this point the cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet – the cat is actually enjoying this!

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a “power-wash” and “rinse.”

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand well back, behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the toilet and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Yours sincerely,
                      The Dog
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

HAhAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody who ever thought to wash a cat is off their rocker to start with. Have good medical insurance, is all I can say.

Comment

Every laundromat in Long Beach has one. Right under a sign that says "No Hand Washing". My present laundromat also has quarter dryers and a sign that says "No Washing, No Drying". You have to be able to THINK Asian to do anything there because the owners are.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                            Every laundromat in Long Beach has one. Right under a sign that says "No Hand Washing". My present laundromat also has quarter dryers and a sign that says "No Washing, No Drying". You have to be able to THINK Asian to do anything there because the owners are.
                            Oh my......the poor cats.....

Comment

O.K., you insist on cats. On the way to the laundromat I pass Casa Del Gato. Or passed, sigh. The people next door had at least EIGHT cats. Big Uns. A BIG stack of Chewy.com boxes and a mess of paper plates scattered around. But back to Casa Del Gato. It was deserted. Somebody hopped the fence and popped the cover off the crawlspace under the house and the cats flat TOOK OVER. Warmer at night, shade in the day. There was a plank walkway leading to the open grate. Eight big Mama and Papa cats all different shades. At least one Holstein, one Gray and one Butterscotch. Usually just 3-4 lounging around but one day when their Cat Lady was too busy to feed them I counted eight. Could have been MORE though. Under Casa Del Gato. Last trip Casa Del Gato was GONE. Demolished. Lot bought and the smell.... Well it may have been SOLD as a fixer-upper house, but it was levelled. And Cats? NONE! They got the hell out of Dodge. They were travelling cats anyways. They never followed me that I could see, but when my desk faced a window with a fence outside a full block away from Casa Del Gato three or more came and visited one at a time and sat on the fence to stare at ME. Let me know that watching goes both ways. Animal Magnetism, I have that. I think you said Kenny was a "shy around strangers" cat, a fraidy cat. Whenever I visit someone with one of those it may take an hour or more, but they always end up on my lap. Dogs I ignore on purpose, but they will always come sit right by my feet. Anyway, I'm at a window with no fence outside and Casa Del Gato and it's travelling cats are gone so I'm kinda lonely, except for roommates.

BTW my latest roommate snores. When ready for a snoring thread let me know, I have much to share.
                              Last edited by RockJustRock; May 19, 2018, 11:41 PM.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X