No announcement yet.

The Laundry Tub Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom's washer used to drain into the tub.. Former owners put a tub inthe washer's drain, have to drain the washer some how.. Never ran over that I know of.. Fill the tub part way with washer water..yeah..

Comment

Well, now there I go again. I was honestly saying, every house I've ever been in Pittsburgh has one of those things in the photo, the "laundry tub." And I was only saying you can't find a single one of those in Tennessee or South Carolina, I doubt it anyway. And I don't really know what that means.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It means most of the houses you've been around were built in the 60's or later as Automatic Washers became more prevalent. In the same way showers were added to and replaced bathtubs as time went on and Asians complained Americans smelled like Pork from bathing rather than showering.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          It means most of the houses you've been around were built in the 60's or later as Automatic Washers became more prevalent.
          One of Unit's brothers has a fine newer house he added onto to make it be like he wanted it. With an in-ground swimming pool and a giant shop building. And the laundry area has one of those tubs. I think it's a code requirement in PGH. That's all I can think.

Comment

I wouldn't be without one... used for washing up greasy hands....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              I wouldn't be without one... used for washing up greasy hands....
              DANG! Is that what they are for? I been trying to use one as a bath tub!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	electric-washing-machine.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1201696
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

DANG! Is that what they are for? I been trying to use one as a bath tub!
                  Therein lies the issue......I could probably fit into it, but I don't think you could.

Comment

Pdub.... do you know what size engine Allen put in the wagon? He's an expert at placing things where they shouldn't fit!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yeah slop sink we call it. It's in the basement next to the washing machine. I use it to wash my greasy hands and plenty other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X