The Snoring Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Snoring Thread

Sometimes I snore. I think I do, but the problem is, I don't know when II'm doing it.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Ah YES! my PSA time. If you snore you may have Sleep Apnea. Over 1/3 of the U.S. does. It runs strongest in those with a weight problem. Your body THINKS it is getting rest but since you breathing is labored, you're not. I used to fall asleep and snore LOUD EVERYWHERE. I feel asleep in waiting rooms. I fell asleep in a Public Library. I fell asleep in a Church. I fell asleep in a Black Baptist Church that had a drummer, bass player and guitarist to go with the choir and everyone danced and clapped. I HAD to get a CPAP Controlled Positive Airway Pressure device. Think of it as a power adder for snoozing. You see them all over in the media now. RoseAnn's husband on the new show I DON'T watch uses one. I put mine on everytime I lay down to force the habit. It is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance. I recommend the nose-only mask and letting it force you to sleep with your mouth shut (it will).

Click image for larger version  Name:	cpap.png Views:	1 Size:	484.3 KB ID:	1201630
    Last edited by RockJustRock; May 20, 2018, 04:31 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Sometimes I snore. I think I do, but the problem is, I don't know when II'm doing it.
      Using up bandwidth for no damn reason again, ain't ya P?

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Throwing the NSA off with diverse topics.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd prefer to discuss his ECTA race program ...

Comment

Blame me and Thanks PDub for taking my bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

It ain't talking politics or religion.... so I would summarize that it's fair game!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                It ain't talking politics or religion.... so I would summarize that it's fair game!
                Absolutely.

Comment

Went to a derby 7 hrs away, kid's co-worker and I shared a room, time for lights out, I was 1/2 passed out when I asked him if I was supposed to turn the light off.. Must have shreiked as he jumped! Had one of those damn things on..

Comment

Like I said before we need sign language for "It's a yawn, not a scream".

Comment

Snoring...yeah...apparently the neighbors can hear me when I snore....I have apnea, I choke and stop breathing...So I got me one of them fancy breathin' machines....truly a blessing. I used to fall asleep everywhere...at red lights, work, eating dinner, parks, restaurants...fricken EVERYWHERE....Sleep study showed me waking up no less than 100 times a night...never entering REM sleep.

now I sleep...and wake up feeling awake. It's amazing...I cannot recall a time when I felt awake before I got the CPAP....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                      X