No announcement yet.

John McGann to edit Hot Rod Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have a Dirt Road Outlaws fan emerging from his closet? "Fastest STREET RACED cars, with STEEL FENDERS, and, and, STOCK WHEELBASE, and, and we get as many test hits as we want, YOU get ONE, and, and if YOU break, WE make you hot lap, if WE break we decide.....IN THE COUNTRY! The No Prep Princesses! SO much tech on that show lately... Where did we buy THAT motor? Don't make me MAD MAX or I put away the mess I built and get out my Bickle!
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      Do we have a Dirt Road Outlaws fan emerging from his closet? "Fastest STREET RACED cars, with STEEL FENDERS, and, and, STOCK WHEELBASE, and, and we get as many test hits as we want, YOU get ONE, and, and if YOU break, WE make you hot lap, if WE break we decide.....IN THE COUNTRY! The No Prep Princesses! SO much tech on that show lately... Where did we buy THAT motor? Don't make me MAD MAX or I put away the mess I built and get out my Bickle!
      I think RjR just went to plaid
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

And there is no Krass and Bernie, no Questions answered. what the bloody hell?

Comment

Go buy CarToons...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CT.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1206453

Comment

In case you hear cheering over at casa HRM. I just was informed today that they cannot renew my CC subscription (truth).

Apparently when they try to charge a credit card that expired, they have no luck. Pity, I tell ya. Nevermind that I unchecked the "autorenew" box. You know, it is like I didn't trust them or something.... weird, no?
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 25, 2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
              RPM is not a high-quality magazine. But it's got much broader advertiser support than any of the remaining TEN Publishing books. That suggests that it's cost-effective and perceived by advertisers as reaching more of their essential customers. Like it or not, what the advertisers are paying to support influences what's making it into print.

I agree, RTR, that RPM has too much outlaw pro and big-budget stuff to really resonate with many of the ordinary street-strip folks who don't have phat TV gigs . . . . the hard thing in the magazine business is balancing the right amount of big-time "sizzle" with real stuff that most readers can use.
              RPM isn’t geared toward the average hot rodder. It’s mean for RACERS. One look at the advertising shows this.
              How many times have you seen the level of parts advertised in RPM, in other magazines like hot rod?
              Totally different market.
              58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post

RPM isn’t geared toward the average hot rodder. It’s mean for RACERS. One look at the advertising shows this.
                How many times have you seen the level of parts advertised in RPM, in other magazines like hot rod?
                Totally different market.
                BUT when ProMod was in it's GROWTH and INNOVATION phase RPM was fascinating reading for EVERYONE. Now with NHRA back in charge pulling back on the reins of ProMod AND OKC and Co. pulling on No Prep, not so much. Hopefully Larson will re-ignite Drag Week unlimited this year after a few "elites" have drowned it in cold water in the name of "parity" and "close racing". Larson did NOT answer a ProMod Camaro with ANOTHER ProMod Camaro now, did he?

And the FORMAT of RPM, an electronic magazine offered something a Blog like TEN, HRM and yes even BangShift offers is no better suited for hardcore racers than not. And ad supported because ads have always been an integral part of the scene. The "hardcore" parts need to filter down to the "average hot rodder". When I was 15 I lusted for M/T rocker covers because Jungle Jim and almost everyone else ran them. Later on it was Moroso gold aluminum foil parts because Glidden, WJ and RMS ran them. What kind of engine dress-up is helping the industry TODAY? Save your pennies for aftermarket heads ain't gonna cut it dudes! Pseudo hardcore like Pro Fairground was ugly and weird, but the aftermarket NEEDS Pseudo hardcore and information flow on hardcore to thrive. Dodge builds Demon Challengers, Drag Pack Challengers and SRT HellCat Challengers to SELL ScatPack Challengers and of course Challengers in general.

So even though RPM looks like a little mutant thing it has or had the POTENTIAL to be HUGE.

Chew on this well....

And consider a classic magazine format with BIG beautiful photography, a splashy cover, full page ads, REAL tech articles WITHOUT endless product references and EDITORIALS and COLUMNS.

Face it, Speed Hunters, tuner/gamer dweebs are kicking your creative asses. And flirting with your hot rod girlfriends!

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.

And hook up a slick E-Magazine to event live streaming with GREAT hosts and content for sparks to FLY!

Finally can the slideshows. Featured content should simply be FEATURED, bigger brighter, better, more confidently than run of the mill content.
                Last edited by RockJustRock; June 27, 2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

And they sent me a "bill" today. $60 for 3 years. Oh hell no

Comment

Working...
                  X