Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man suspected in street-racing crash that killed 2 Perris boys arrested in Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man suspected in street-racing crash that killed 2 Perris boys arrested in Washington

Here's a story that hits all of the hot buttons . . . a previously-deported, "undocumented immigrant" alleged "perp" . . . The vehicles involved . . . a 1992 Honda Accord . . .a 2015 Nissan Versa . . . a black Nissan . . . . Two elementary-aged children killed during an alleged "street race" . . . .

This is a epic, tragic fail on almost every level . . . .
    Another man is already charged with two counts of murder and has pleaded not guilty in the case.

And your point is?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Plenty of local coverage. Most are saying alcohol related. Accord and Altima aren't really enthusiast cars.

A Perris man accused of taking part in an illegal street race in Mead Valley two weeks ago that resulted in the deaths of two young brothers was arrested in the state of Washington, authorities announced Tuesday.

.https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...484010881.html
      Last edited by RockJustRock; May 30, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

This frosts my cookies too. The only good thing (and it pales in comparison to the event) but at least the reporters didn't report this as a "drag racing" incident. It was street racing pure and simple and it sucks when unknowing reporters tag a legitimate sport when some jerks are racing each other (or at least seem to be racing each other) on a public street. My heart goes out to the families of the innocent victims.

Dan

Comment

This will be interesting and it's going to roundly suck.

So INS is no longer releasing people here illegally for prosecution of crimes in California (because California sentences then releases them without notifying INS so they can be deported). Not just that, but Dept. of Licensing here in Washington got in 'trouble' for 'helping' INS.... so he has the argument that DOL should not have helped California and therefore, as this is potentially 'fruits of an illegal intrusion' the arrest warrant is quashed. That will leave him in INS custody. As he's now in INS custody, he's likely not going to be rendered to California but rather sent to Mexico (after all the Court battles happen.) Welcome to the Confustitution in these United States.

Here's SBG's view of what will happen - INS deports him without telling California and, unless he comes back to the US and gets caught, will never serve a day for murdering those two kids.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

What kind of person gets deported then returns to Perris to race an Altima with an Accord? There MUST be drugs involved.

Comment

After what happened to Roseanne for making an acerebrial, bad joke (or maybe it was just the Ambien talking) , I'm not sure it's safe to make any jokes (or even speculative observations) of any kind about anyone but old Caucasian men anymore.

That being said, illegal street racing death stories are categorically horrible, regardless of who's driving or how abysmal or ridiculous their choice of "weapon." And I'm assuming we are all in one "accord" on that point (I couldn't resist the obvious pun) . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                What kind of person gets deported then returns to Perris to race an Altima with an Accord? There MUST be drugs involved.
                Altimas make Camrys look exciting.... what I'll never understand is how someone can drive one of those without falling asleep.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Plus Perris is SoCal for "armpit". A lovable thing here, if a suburb get's stigmatized it just sticks, nobody really complains much. And since this is so high profile I anticipate a quick extradition and sentencing to a U.S. prison, keep us filled in....
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; May 30, 2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Altimas make Camrys look exciting.... what I'll never understand is how someone can drive one of those without falling asleep.
                    Drove a Camry to Des Moines and back.. Could no wait to get home and return it.. "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT" kept coming on.. Just wanted to get home by then!

Comment

Working...
                    X