Why are the English so enamored with Italian cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the English so enamored with Italian cars

I'm not talking super cars, I'm talking the stuff that Fiat, Lancia, and such make as transportation cars.... under powered, poor build quality, factory installed rust, they don't (dare I say it) handle that well.... so what's the fascination?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Non Lucas wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Non Lucas wiring?
      Tree'd me!

I D*I*G the Fiat U.K. stuff!

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Its quite simple really. Bob hit on part of it. They like them because they aren't british cars, but are small enough to fit down the ludicrously small british roads.

Comment

to listen to any Brit, the 'styling' is the best thing ever.... my hypothesis is they rust like British cars but they're 'exotic' so familiar yet different.

Comment

Not me......not at all......no.....

Comment

Perhaps it's because British cars are priced beyond the average Brit's budget.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

All British cars are made by foreigners....

Comment

British cars use biodegradable rubber parts that fall apart, like for exhaust hangers. Young kid across the street bought a 2005 Jaguar a few years ago and ended up junking it. It was falling apart and he couldn't afford the parts to repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselhead View Post
                    British cars use biodegradable rubber parts that fall apart, like for exhaust hangers. Young kid across the street bought a 2005 Jaguar a few years ago and ended up junking it. It was falling apart and he couldn't afford the parts to repair it.
                    it's (at best) a lateral move to buy into Italian car quality.

I know it seems like I'm poking fun, I'm not I'm simply curious. Every car show out of Britain (TG, GT, Wheeler Dealer, etc) goes on and on about how 'sporty' and 'stylish' the cars are.... super cars, I see, but the rest? don't get it.

Comment

The fall and rise of the British car industry

Why there is no British car industry

Luckily working at Vauxhall GM, I never went out on strike.
                      GM though saw Opel as the better European base and we were
                      shut down.
                      I legged it to Germany and jobbed for VW, where the workplace and living
                      standards are like another world.....

The best and worst Italian cars ever

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Why are the English so enamored with Italian cars ?
                        Because they work ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Because they work ?
                          20 Reasons Why You Should Never Buy An Italian Car

Comment

50,000 Reasons Why You Should Never Buy An English Car

Comment

This ainīt a battle of manufacturers.......I donīt need reasons not to buy a British car.......
                              and if you read post #11 youīd have seen the same link.

Comment

Working...
                              X