I've Got a Great Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got a Great Idea

I love road courses, and I love land speed too. It's all so much dadgum fun, each in its own way.

I woke up at the Arkansas motel yesterday morning with a profound revelation. Let's go out to the airport runway. Let's go a whole mile from a standing start. But let's set up cones in the middle of the course, you have to slalom through them. Cones farther apart as you build up speed. I'm all in. A whole new motorsport, with a whole different setup for the cars.

Autocross on meth. I can see it. We'll need more ambulances and fire trucks, that's for sure.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

With all the rolling going on a set of giant bowling pins could be involved.

Edit: Been done. YOU did it. Called "Daytona"
    Last edited by RockJustRock; June 3, 2018, 06:39 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Edit: Been done. YOU did it. Called "Daytona"
      Daytona. Gyadalmighty, I wish we lived closer to there. Holy merde, that's fun. It IS.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        I love road courses, and I love land speed too. It's all so much dadgum fun, each in its own way.

I woke up at the Arkansas motel yesterday morning with a profound revelation. Let's go out to the airport runway. Let's go a whole mile from a standing start. But let's set up cones in the middle of the course, you have to slalom through them. Cones farther apart as you build up speed. I'm all in. A whole new motorsport, with a whole different setup for the cars.

Autocross on meth. I can see it. We'll need more ambulances and fire trucks, that's for sure.
        You could only win if you own a vette though . You can practice for this using those yellow dashes down the center of the road . For best results use a sparsely traveled road in the country .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

You could only win if you own a vette though . .
          Naw. Nope. The Miatas will win, going 89 mph at the finish line.

And Dan B, tell Dan Stokes I said hey. I know what's going on.

Comment

Maybe speed BUMPS?

Like Turk could pop those up if a newbie goes too fast?
            Last edited by RockJustRock; June 3, 2018, 11:24 PM.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

One thing about it, Turk's still there. I don't see how any land speed event in America could ever happen without Turk standing in the back of a truck to kick it all off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010285.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1203508

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                I don't see how any land speed event in America could ever happen without Turk standing in the back of a truck to kick it all off.
                Quoted for the truth !

Comment

Any of you who are familiar with Turk know I "genuinely" agree!!!!
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                    Any of you who are familiar with Turk know I "genuinely" agree!!!!
                    Keith...what's not to say. He's got what, six or eight 200 mph hats? He's mighty accomplished. He's a riot, the kind of guy when you're talking to him you're wondering if you're actually wasting his time. He's that "big." The first time we ever met at Maxton, Keith shook my hand and looked at Sue Unit and said, "You could have done better."

Back then during his speeches it was nappyass, or happyass, something like that, I can't remember. This year it was BMW riders. Everybody's okay unless you're a BMW rider. I don't know what that's all about, I'm not in the loop, but any sport should have such a notable guy as Keith Turk. I admire him, I'm a huge Turk fan. Bigger fan than I should be maybe. I just like character and charisma. He's fun to be around for about 10 seconds and then he loses interest and then he's gone. Somewhere else. Ever moving.

Comment

He looks a bit like Frank Turk the deaf man who started the first deaf summer camp at Swan or Spirit Lake in Minnesota..
                      Frank was real big in the deaf world..
                      Keith is real big in several worlds!
                      He is one I'd like to meet.. Not because of the "Frank" thing but seems Keith would be fun to talk to..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        He looks a bit like Frank Turk the deaf man who started the first deaf summer camp at Swan or Spirit Lake in Minnesota..
                        "Turk" is not the most common name in the world, they may be somehow related. Might be worth researching.

Comment

Working...
                        X