Dyno Man is an "Artist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Man is an "Artist"

Over here, Dyno Man......he's maybe the best in the world at what he does. For sure the best I've ever heard of in the surrounding 100 mile area. He's good. And he knows it. He's a bit cocky, but dang is he ever good.

He's gonna dyno Bluelelle after the Ford dealership got her nearly fixed for free today. It turns out, the illness Bluebelle had was actually an issue that involved a vehicle recall. The power train control module, whatever that is. They re-tuned Bluebelle for free and told me to have a nice day. Which we did.

So, Dyno Man is next up. He's an artist. I know for sure he is, he shows all the signs of it. When you say, "Call me when you get back to your shop," he'll say right up front, "I'll never remember." That's the artist thing. He's telling the truth. He will NOT remember to call me back, and he didn't today.

Not all artists work with sculpture or paintings or music. This guy's medium for artwork is the car. Tuning the car, and he's good as hell at it. But he's an artist, don't be fooled, he's a real artist. His art is tuning a car.

Next week I'll call him again and say I'd still like you to tune my car on the dyno. He'll admit that he forgot and we'll set something up. For someday. That's how artists are.
    Last edited by pdub; June 6, 2018, 07:54 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Sounds like just the right guy to do a fuel curve for NITROUS!
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      Sounds like just the right guy to do a fuel curve for NITROUS!
      I know you want nitrous something awful.

So, for Red or for Bluebelle? Red would make a much more resounding BOOM when he scatters guts on the race track and stops the race for quite a while during the cleanup. I'll be interviewed and lectured by Turk. And have to call Triple A for a ride home. Yeah, nitrous.

Comment

Russell, Russell, Russell. Red HAS the blower, you done good there. You need a nitrous car and a turbo to be complete. Nitrous on BlueBelle to remove any doubt of records and headshaking by all in attendance when you race her and a BIG PowerStroke with a turbo for Bubba. You can roll coal and enjoy whistling AND snorting noises when you make him work. YOU chose variety, you just need to fulfill a couple more destinies. The neighborhood needs to get to "Here comes Rusty, oh sh*T which one is he driving THIS time?". Stealth Sedan and Grunt Truck, coming up!

Now IF you were near water a boat like Jim Bob's could be added....

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'm glad that you're getting BlueBelle sorted.... She broke, and, You weren't responsible!
          Last edited by silver_bullet; June 7, 2018, 03:56 AM.
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            I'm glad that you're getting BlueBelle sorted.... She broke, and, You weren't responsible!
            Yeah that was a win, a true surprise. Some things are just meant to "be" I suppose. It's not always ours to guess.

Comment

Working...
            X