No announcement yet.

East Coast Land Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do this off of naps. Last nap, Why a video interview when a phone interview and a photo or slideshow might do? Then you just shoot video at events and let the racing go on?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      I do this off of naps. Last nap, Why a video interview when a phone interview and a photo or slideshow might do? Then you just shoot video at events and let the racing go on?
      You and I DO think very much alike. That's almost exactly what I was thinking this morning. I'm trying to make this be too hard. I don't know a thing about artistry and videography. If I tried to make and narrate a documentary it would be sure come off looking like "I" did it.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You don't know you don't have talent until you try to use what you don't have. And don't give up totally on video. The sounds, the voices, the wrasslin' a car around over 100 MPH that was designed for 55. But for your people stuff, the voices. You talk purdy.

Comment

O.K., O.K. I read the thread on the last event. What's in everyone's tires at ECTA and how much? I would bump up the pressures and HANG ON. More rolling radius and less rolling resistance. Also when I enter the PADDOCK (funny damn name) at LB all the fast guys use bottled Nitrogen. I think it is about lower coefficient of volumetric expansion over temperature change for consistency but it just COULD enable a safer higher pressure limit. Funny how technology gets used in some forms and not others. Motorcycle guys like electric tire warmers and then I see Jr. Dragster kids using them. If the car won't do an acceptable burnout aren't the tires sticky ENOUGH?

Comment

If the car won't do an acceptable burnout aren't the tires sticky ENOUGH?
            At ECTA a burnout before the run or even at the start of the run doesn't seem to be acceptable, per some of the speeches (by you know who) at the drivers' meetings. And I've never seen anybody do it. Like, nobody needs to and that's not a part of the game. The really really fast guys have gawdawful tall gears and push trucks to begin pushing them at the starting line to get them going fast enough for even 1st gear to wake up.

And I now have a video project to work on. 24 clips. Let's see if I can even build a composite video from raw clips. WAY too much fun yesterday.

Comment

I was talking about the Jr. dragsters. And look into tire pressures and nitrogen, okay?

Comment

I can see a book/video (lean more to book than video as I can't hear the story being told)
                About the car, story getting there. Good example is Dan Stoke's friend's Avanti.. Still waiting to see it on the track
                The steam bike surely has a story..
                Generations. Grandpa, son/daughter, self.. So on.
                Why that viehcle?
                We know why Stokes has diesel...Some likely do not.
                Pdub's story is a classic/non classic.

Comment

I think I've found a whole new level of fun, not to do, just to watch. Tank Town. Good grief, that's fun to watch. Over on the Power Tour Side Trip thread. I'm not nearly done with that. Sue Unit and I both are wired again from enjoyment, it'll take a month to get home this time. Never mind death scares on The Dragon again, Tank Town.....that is just too much fun. and Unit and I weren't even driving the tank. Holy crap, that's fun. Gee whiz, how did Tank Town Todd ever come up with that idea? But it for sure "works."

EDIT: We made brand new forever friends with Chris and Teresa, that was just too much fun. How can anything be so much fun?
                  Last edited by pdub; June 12, 2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I was talking about the Jr. dragsters. And look into tire pressures and nitrogen, okay?
                    OK, my bad entirely. I was distracted, that's no excuse. But I was distracted while trying to upload video from yesterday's huge fun.

Okay, I'm back, and I know less about Jr. Dragsters than I know about birthing babies. And I don't know anything about birthing no babies. And I'm only quoting a line from a very old movie and trying to tell the truth at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X