On The Streets Of L.A. Part Duex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On The Streets Of L.A. Part Duex

Jalopnik follows HRM's lead. Bought during a wealthy stretch then driven like a Dodge. The other extreme happens too. Ordinary car, pampered like a Princess. A block from me there is a late 70s Ford F-150 showroom fresh, barely accessorized. Ditto an early 60s Biscayne 4 door across the alley. Coulda Shoulda, there was a '73 Gold Duster on the curbs with a for sale sign when I got my disability settlement. Bad year, huge bumper guards, half vinyl top, not sure if it was a slant or a 318. I was worried it might not set me on fire and I'd neglect it so I went with my Benz 500 SEC. I neglected IT just a tiny bit with it's tranny leak and it stuck in low on the 405 and was SO smooth I had buzzed the motor to the 8K neighborhood before noticing. I think THAT broke a valve spring because a week later the thing dropped a valve and grenaded before I could get home. Anyway the Viper.....

Occasionally, when I’m in a masochistic mood, I like to daydream about first-gen Dodge Vipers. You don’t see that many of them and they are so hilariously bad that they are actually amazing. This red one I’m showing you now is the grossest, grimiest, most disgusting example of an early Viper that I’ve ever seen. And…
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Actually just Google'd over to the pickup spot. Probably the same guy traded up to a pair of Chebby step sides. Seriously doubt he speaks any English and owns large dogs, but there they are....

Click image for larger version

Name:	trucks.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1204582

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_57030.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1204588 Google Street View Time Capsule from 2008. This guy made a go at being a classic car dealer. Sorry about the blurry or Click image for larger version  Name:	70s2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	1204590 if I'm wasting bandwidth. Of course I checked out the Road Runner, it was a mess, sun and rust both.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; June 11, 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X