X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdub at road course Atlanta

you didn't know we got you on film...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

That's not me and that's not Road Atlanta. But I would have been going faster, and I'dda hit that bridge after flying much farther. Just sayin.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

So a rebel flag on Red's roof IS a possibility?
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        So a rebel flag on Red's roof IS a possibility?
        I already know how to holler YEE;HAW, but the flag creates too much drag.

Comment

prolly would fly off too....

Comment

prolly would fly off too....
            ...like weather stripping does....

Comment

That was of course a Rally car, but there was a major road course, maybe still is, where Can Am cars and others would catch major air in the 60s and 70s. I'm thinking Laguna Seca, but that was also the corkscrew. I know the Chaparalls looked the funniest doing it with their wings and all. Ahhh.... Jim Hall.... not only built those monsters, but also drove the wheels off 'em better than almost anyone. Then if anyone COULD beat him he would hire them as his #1 driver.

Comment

Well.... Nurburgring was one, but I'm still thinking North America.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15834fa90a2f73c80e84d033b8eb7dd7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	238.8 KB ID:	1204984
                Last edited by RockJustRock; June 14, 2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Sigh......

Click image for larger version

Name:	59ffa4761d39c0583a07c77f948ed885.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1204986

Comment

Well.... Nurburgring was one, but I'm still thinking North America.

Click image for larger version Name:	15834fa90a2f73c80e84d033b8eb7dd7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	238.8 KB ID:	1204984
                    Coming down the hill and trying to steer at the same time going into 10A at Road Atlanta, it feels like the car is doing that. Of course it isn't doing that. But it sure feels like it is.

The guys that drive a car to the point that it actually DOES that, they are A) insane, or B) exceptionally fearless and talented. I'll choose "B."

Comment

The race track in the vid is located in ESTONIA.... In other words, it ain't 'round these parts.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

your ability to read the notes is quite unremarkable. You may not yet have noticed that the car isn't a Mustang, and it's not red either.

and I said a bad word when I saw that the first time.... it's an impressive bit of driving.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 14, 2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Coming down the hill and trying to steer at the same time going into 10A at Road Atlanta, it feels like the car is doing that. Of course it isn't doing that. But it sure feels like it is.

The guys that drive a car to the point that it actually DOES that, they are A) insane, or B) exceptionally fearless and talented. I'll choose "B."
                          I resemble that comment. I have jumped several of my cars long before Dukes of Hazzard. You need to grow up RURAL to do that stuff. Live in a town of 10,000 or more and you can't get stupid enough or disregard the law enough. I never made flaunting the authorities my main "hobby" but some kids AND overgrown kids round my parts DID. One town had the speed shop in the nearest city DONATE an engine for the festivities. More details upon request if you like.

Go find a hilltop or hump back bridge and jump Red. Approach it gradually so you don't bend or break him, but do it. Bucket List if you HAVEN'T jumped a car.

I jumped a four door Skylark with my buddy and two giggling teenage girls, no big deal. Got me some second base...Her "Aunt" was visiting or who knows?
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; June 14, 2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca on murdercicles

Click image for larger version  Name:	LS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1204998

Click image for larger version  Name:	LS2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	1204999

Makes Road Atlanta look a bit mild, huh?

I wouldn't DRIVE down that thing, much less RACE!
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; June 15, 2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

My local track (Pacific Raceway) In a Mustang too

starting at :57, you go downhill to 1:23. 1:23 is called crankshaft corner because you're hard on your brakes and the oil is up in the front, top of your motor.... I am just waiting for someone to get too wild (I know it's happened, just not seen it) on that first 180 and end up missing both 180s and landing on the track as it goes back uphill.... I'm not in love with the track, but the back side as it climbs out is a lot of fun.

this reminds me that I really need to get a dry sump system on my 427....

you should also note that the corner starts at :59 but looks like there's a run-off road.... um, don't take that, note at about 1:27, there is no road that rejoins the track....
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 15, 2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X