Genuine Land Speed Road Trip to Nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Land Speed Road Trip to Nowhere

We just got back home today from another 3-day joyride. That's become what we do for fun. Just drive.

This time I convinced Unit I wanted to show her where the land speed race is held in Arkansas. To let her make her own decision, check out the town and the motels and the airport, does she want to go to the next race? Well, no, it's too hot, all of those things. But we were there, I pointed to all the dead airplanes out there on the tarmac (concrete). No, she was not impressed. Retirement Racing is still a one-man race team. Fun trip, great scenery.

One day out and two days back. Today somewhere in western Tennessee, we were following the GPS down a county road when we met up with a BillyBob pickup truck coming the other direction. BillyBob was towing a 20-something foot camper trailer and he had the black water cap taken off and he was dumping sewage on the roadway as he went. That's one way to do it, I guess. Whatever works. Even more inventive than the scene in the Christmas Vacation movie.

We got to a town, some town. I was watching stoplights and intersections, Unit saw a billboard. A big one. She said, let's remember that. Good thing she did because I never will. This is what they were hawking on the billboard. I can't say for sure I understand it.

Last edited by pdub; June 17, 2018, 03:33 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Well , at that price maybe we can talk our reps in government into buying 3 for the most talented pigeons.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
    X