No announcement yet.

67-72 chevy truck cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus Corners and Sills are SO cheap and somewhat easy. Most go far enough it will be a long time and more salt and snow than a restored truck will ever see before rust pops up next to them. Too simple of a construction, frame rust negligible, not like a car. Quarters on a car is what rich dumb people from non-rust belt states do. Sorry if you are one, but it is just my opinion. Once a rust bucket, ALWAYS a rust bucket. Not so with a truck.

Edit: If it doesn't need a cab floor now, it probably never will.

Edit Edit; Go ahead and buy a rust bucket C-10 and patch away.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; June 21, 2018, 11:53 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
      Here's a pic of a center console I built for a guy's '72 a while back as a side project:
      Kudos, that console looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I get it ... Route 66 in a '66.
        Yeah and they will be 66 that year as well .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think it's only a matter of time until they make cabs for these trucks. My 69 need some serious attention and most is cab rust. Pic of my heap and a sweet 68 with cool factory brush guard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1206293Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	725.3 KB
ID:	1206294
          Last edited by ratpatrol66; June 23, 2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
            For someone to go through the heavy expense of reproducing such a thing, they have to see prices for good originals go very high and believe there will be a continuing market once their re-pops flood in. Nobody wants to make a big investment in something that's not going to pay off and provide a profit in time, apparently the trucks are not there...yet?

I was sure ready to build a '67-72 once, acquiring three of them in short order maybe ten-plus years ago to combine parts from, but they sat and one guy bought the best two, I think the other went to scrap. A '67 small-window dually was going to be the thing, still kinda wish I'd done it.

Rust under the front of the roof and in the cowl and rocker areas is a killer, even out here it's a problem you have to watch for.

Very nice truck, Andy 4639! Not many longbeds around that look that good.

Here's a pic of a center console I built for a guy's '72 a while back as a side project:

Name:	center console.JPG
Views:	2321
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1206021
            Thanks! I love the 67-72 models there is no better Chevy truck in my opinion. I'd rather drive my 71 than my 08 Tahoe!

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

here ya go... a cab

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Aaron, Put that on a deuce and a half chassis and you've got a SAR base camp headquarters!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

that truck has divorce written all over it.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Learn more about Unique Vintage Hauler: Jenkins Custom 1974 GMC on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Name:	BJ.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1206456

Comment

Really really like . But , this is really about a solid cab for a 67 - 72 .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        I hate to keep shutting you down but we already address that at around the 3rd post . Besides , It just wouldn't seem right . A jeep a vette a gasser that wuld be o.k.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

I hate to keep shutting you down but we already address that at around the 3rd post . Besides , It just wouldn't seem right . A jeep a vette a gasser that wuld be o.k.
                          Ummmmm, that WAS the third post. When you add it goes back to page one upon posting. You need to go to the last page yourself.

Comment

SBG - Tongue in cheek , besides distance the problems with this for a pick up are the front bottom edge of the doors are a little different to make room for the big fenders and I believe it would have the big hump center floor . Then I'd have to find a big block as I think that were the only pick ups that had it .But in all reality this is probably my best shot and as there are plenty of farmers up here that only use the things twice a year they are still in pretty good shape 45 ish years later . Also what helps make them affordable is the market for them is small . Really to small for hauling produce to market . Just cheaper to buy or hire a semi with a much bigger hauling capacity . They are non diesel so the peple that are going to work it every day don't want it and unless its a grain truck with two axles it probably wouldn't have air brakes . Thanks for the reminder. Only problem is I love big trucks and would have are hard time taking it apart . But if I could , I could probably scrap everything else out and get half my money back .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

plus they put the small back window in the big trucks after 67
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Kid has 3, I think.. But we are on opposite ends of the country..
                                One I know got scrapped.. Was a Longhorn with a camper on it. Eaton rear and a "new" small block that turned out to be junk is why he bought it..
                                Floors had plywood.
                                There was lots of brand new fishing equipment in it still in packages. And a big can full of change. If memory serves some 96 bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X