Niagara Drag Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Drag Strip

Here's a poster I picked up a while back.It's from Niagara International Drag Strip in Niagara Falls NY,which ran from '61-'74.I wasn't even born until '75 so I completely missed it,but the older guys I know talk so highly of it,I'm kind of nostalgic for something that happened before I was even born!Any of you guys got any cool old Niagara stories?

Re: Niagara Drag Strip

I was THERE, the last day, it was open, it was the first time i think i'd ever seen a DragRace on the strip, anywhere. I remember it was disheartening, to hear it was closing. One thing i remember was a Mid-engine VolksWagon standing UP On the wheelie bars, 3 times, before they broke. The track was over 100
    miles from my house, but had it not closed, i would've gone back.

Comment

http://lancaster.buffnet.net/Dragway...a/Welcome.html
      This is a link to a track right outside Buffalo that does an annual event as a tribute to Niagara! It's an awesome show year after year. Being up close to all the old fuel cars and front engine dragsters is quite an experience.

Comment

I've been there too, they usually have a pretty good show on Friday nites, a friend runs a little red Arrow, that goes good there. The track hooks pretty decent too.

Comment

Lancaster is a hole.... Went to niagra one time and they closed the TNT for no reason and there were fifty people waiting at the get two hours early. Buffalo is the worst place in the country next to maybe all of Easter new jersey

Comment

Hey Dave... How long ago was that? The current owner has only been running it a couple years!!

Comment

Bout 3 years ago. We drove up in my brothers mach one to stomp on my cousin and his friends. Drove all the way out to niagra and there were people waiting at the gate and they told us all to go home. Its an hour drive through the country to get to that place.... I really hate buffalo. My whole extended family lives there, and I spent every christmas and summer vacation there for 19 years. Yuck. The only cool thing there is fast freddies, and underage drinking in canada.

Comment

The old owners at Lancaster bent over backwards for the roundy round guys but the new owner is a drag racer and has treated us pretty well!! Regardless the Sunday Niagara show is always worth the time!
                As for being able to lay down a couple bucks to jump into a little racecar any time of years regardless of the weather and access to good Canadian beer... those are definatly some advantages of living in western New York.

Comment

Working...
                X