Looking to see if there is another car like mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to see if there is another car like mine

I'd like to see if there is another car like mine in the U.S.

1965 Corvette Roadster: Running gear includes: 1957 Chrysler 392 ci engine with dual Carter AFB's. 1967 Chrysler 833 4 spd transmission, 8.75" Chrysler solid rear axle.

This is a street car so there maybe something similar as a drag racer but I'm looking to see if there is another that is a street car?

If I can figure out how to include a picture I'll do that.

Kent

Welcome to the madhouse Kent, I'd say that you have a one-of-a-kind, running a Mopar drive train in a Vette. I happen to have a '65 convertible too, but stayed marque true. We have a sticky on how to post pics.

Comment

It's not too hard to post pics if you follow the directions in the sticky. I host all of mne on my desktop and have no clue of what to do from a phone so if that's your "camera" the other folks will have to help you there.

And WELCOME to the best forum on the web.

Dan (I'm old and sign my notes as I've always done)

Comment

I'm remembering from 'way back, like the seventies, something like that in a car mag, also a 289 Ford car as well. Vettes are easy swapping material with the front crossmember forward and out of the way for oil pan considerations. I'd be curious on yours as to how the rear live-axle is suspended. Am betting there are few or no others like it on the road now.

Comment

Cool car - I wonder if I've seen it at any of a number of shows that I've been to in the Portland area.... please post pictures
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I'm old
            Dan, I'm old ... you're ancient !

BTW - I'm enjoying hearing about your success with Mutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Dan, I'm old ... you're ancient !

BTW - I'm enjoying hearing about your success with Mutt.
              Naw - you're just a young'un! Usta be one myself but due to breathing I no longer am.

Thanks for the nice Mutt comments. Remember, I have more boost on tap! 140 is looking more realistic - thought that was out of my reach for years. Still will never get a 2-Club hat......

Dan

Comment

Just kidding with you ... you're the youngest person your age that I know. If Mutt makes 140 with that engine, I'm buying dinner! I missed the 2club at 196 and change .. will probably not ever get another chance, so take your opportunity by the horns.

Comment

Kent, you are up the road from me. (Dallas)
                  I'm buddies with Timmy and Mike as well as a bunch of other gearheads in Mac.
                  Timmy has a t bucket pickup and a2door Chevelle wagon
                  Mike has a sweet 55 big block. Flip front

Comment

Originally posted by kolsen911 View Post
                    I'd like to see if there is another car like mine in the U.S.

1965 Corvette Roadster: Running gear includes: 1957 Chrysler 392 ci engine with dual Carter AFB's. 1967 Chrysler 833 4 spd transmission, 8.75" Chrysler solid rear axle.

This is a street car so there maybe something similar as a drag racer but I'm looking to see if there is another that is a street car?

If I can figure out how to include a picture I'll do that.

Kent
                    Very common swap here in the mid west . Yeah 3 guys on my block have them . Well , one of them is a 354 hemi . I'll post op some pick sone as I get the sticky figured out on how to post up pics . LOL

Seriously though post up some pics when you get a chance .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I post pics off my phone using the same steps to
                      upload on a computer.
                      First tap the icon to the left of the smiley and then the upload button which will appear lower left of your text box.
                      Upload your pic...allow plenty of time....and then select size and click post.

Comment

Ok here's some pics

Comment

In the 60s a lot of guys bought up cast off SCCA Road Race Corvettes and put them on the street. There was a C1 like that in our town. Race rubber meant they couldn't get cruised much because of wear and replacement cost so they just saw the occasional joy ride and the "My car is faster than yours" victories in bench racing. Doubt any of them swapped in a heavier motor like that though.

But any car built around a theme that runs with it like that I'm into. Kinda says "What if a Drag Race guy in the 60s just woke one morning and decided to turn corners?". If it was mine I'd add stack EFI like this....

Click image for larger version  Name:	59ffa4761d39c0583a07c77f948ed885.jpg Views:	2 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	1207405
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; July 3, 2018, 10:14 AM.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

And MORE of the 911 too, it doesn't look stock either...
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'd like to hear more about or from anyone in the midwest that has a street Vette with Hemi power.

Comment

Working...
                              X