Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Fireworks

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Not provocative? Nobody has anything else on fireworks?

Comment

Well fireworks are legal here in Louisiana year round but mostly set off on New Year's Day, 4th of July, and Christmas. But I've heard them on many other occasions as well. If you like blowing up money then have at it.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Just over a week ago we had a fiesta here celebrated with fireworks.
        Not your pretty, sparkly pop and ooh fireworks....
        just bang....bang....bang......bang......
        For days, right to last Saturday it was like living on the Western Front....24 hours a day.
        I'm so pissed off because I had three dogs scared
        sh*tless for hours and all the neighbors dogs were barking and howling.
        I don't agree that the public should have unlimited access to fireworks.
        Every town could do a display, half an hour and be done with it.
        Fireworks......hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          Well fireworks are legal here in Louisiana year round but mostly set off on New Year's Day, 4th of July, and Christmas. But I've heard them on many other occasions as well. If you like blowing up money then have at it.
          That's how I see it too- just blowing up money - and lots of it too. People around Omaha are nuts.They are only supposed to be legal for a week or so before the holidays but Ringling Bros. would be jealous of the size and number of tents selling those things here. Last year 192 hospital reported fireworks injuries too. I wish those bastards would clean up their own mess too.
          Last edited by 70chevyC-10; July 2, 2018, 05:47 AM.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I love fireworks, but agree with malc's statement of; "there's a time and place". I don't usually buy much because of the ridiculously high expense for what you actually get.

Comment

The "custom" of inserting fireworks into mail boxes has, thank goodness, died out.......

Hospitals are on high alert at this time too.
              And......I can't believe idiots "carry" fireworks in
              pockets.....
              A few blown nuts......sorting out humanity.
              Last edited by malc; July 2, 2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Over the last few tears more and more of the mortar launched variety. THUMP......... bang. And yes, WHERE is the money coming from? I think the PD should just do an IR scan the night of the Fourth and where the biggest $$$ is spent will be the biggest gang/drug "households". Can't accuse the local Latinos of being un-patriotic though.

Comment

I live near a parking lot. I hear those going off days before the 4th of July and the same before Memorial day.

I'm not a fan of fireworks especially in the hands of kids, in the news last year I remember hearing alot of people losing fingers and getting burned.
                  "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Dad a long haul trucker would buy a bunch and we set them off on the farm.. Yes illegal in OR..
                    Then I started a fire.. Got it out real quick.. If you never seen a fat man fly, that day I did,. Stomp stomp stomp, pant stomp..
                    Then last year a kid from Washington, across the Columbia started the fire in the historic Gorge.. Was on a church group hike..
                    The damage was bad..
                    The town's fireworks show is about 5 blocks from my house in town.. Sit in lawn chairs and watch.

Best shows were those after derbys..

After the Gorge fire (Eagle Creek fire) I pretty much hate them as everything is drier than years past..
                    But I do enjoy a professional show.. Just hate crowds.

Comment

Every year our town has a four day fiesta and it ends with a 30-40 minute firework display.
                      Quite a show....expensive....and there is'nt money
                      to clean the streets of trash and weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post
                        In the news last year I remember hearing alot of people losing fingers and getting burned.
                        I really wonder how that is possible with today's tamed down fireworks. In my days as a kid, we could buy M80's that were about 1/8 a stick of dynamite and they where water-proof too.

Comment

Probably are trying to gently set that lit matter in the bottom of the tube .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I really wonder how that is possible with today's tamed down fireworks. In my days as a kid, we could buy M80's that were about 1/8 a stick of dynamite and they where water-proof too.
                            Trust me.... the stuff coming in from Europe and Central America is NOT "tamed down". It pushes the limits of what used to be "Commercial Use Only" and approaches, plain, simple BOMB. The only restriction is a gentleman's agreement to use gun powder only, but HOW MUCH?

I guess the Central American stuff isn't quite as EVIL, but as the videos in the OP demonstrate they pack substantial punch.
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; July 2, 2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              The stuff coming in from Europe and Central America is NOT "tamed down". It pushes the limits of what used to be "Commercial Use Only" and approaches, plain, simple BOMB.
                              How are "kids" getting ahold of these commercial grade fireworks that cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a pop ?

Comment

Working...
                              X