Customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service

I think that I need to vent . I don't want to mention company names because I'm sure they give great service most of the time . Recently I purchased a complete pro-touring rear suspension from a very well know company . They build high quality parts as well as top quality pro-touring vehicles . Anyhow I spent over $3000 on their product and when I was installing the rear coil overs , I notices the two small spacers were not shipped . I notified the company of the missing parts and was told they would send them to me . Two weeks later they had not arrived , so I contacted the rep that I was dealing with and he told me that he had not shipped them and he apologized .So they have shipped them by USPS (mail) . As I live in Canada it will take at least 10 days . I would like to have thought they would have sent them out via UPS overnight or something of that sort . It wouldn't have cost that much but it would have been great customer service but instead I have to wait . 6 months ago I had to purchase new air struts from a very well know company that manufactures air-suspension kits . One of the struts failed after 7 years of service so I had to purchase a new pair , that's no problem . They arrived very poorly packaged with one of the strut ends poking through the box and the spacer bushings were missing . I notified the company and they apologized and said they would ship them out . They arrived via UPS a few days later but I had to pay $30 for customs fees as the shipper filled out the paperwork incorrectly . I notified the company of this mistake and nothing was done , not that I expected much . A year ago the automatic trans went out in my 05 Grand Cherokee , I purchased a "Monster in a box" complete rebuild kit from a well know transmission company in Florida and one of the filters was missing . They have a regular flat filter and a internal spin on filter . The spin on filter was missing . I emailed them and 3 days later they notified me that it only has one filter . I emailed them a few more times and they did nothing what so ever . Am I wrong to feel bitter about any of this ? .

I don't think you're wrong at all. And we BS Brothers are all ears in every such situation. One after another, we take turns venting and it's great therapy.

I could go on about installing a blower, barely knowing which end of a wrench to hold but we got it done. And I'll bet the folks who sold the kit to me were sick of seeing my number come up again in their caller ID window on the phone. Not to mention all of the "screw it" trips to the hardware store to get another hose that wasn't in the box. I wouldn't really want to be in Customer Service for an outfit selling kits that have so many parts, that's got to be a nightmare job.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Just to restore your faith in mankind: I'm in the process of fixing a minor bit of collision damage on a VW Jetta. I've had a heck of a time getting the correct tail lamp assembly as they made them with both LED and/or incandescent lamps and the 2 won't interchange. Then I screwed up and ordered the lights for a Passat (on Ebay) - I just (in the words of George W) misremembered. Anyhow, I wound up with 2 assemblies that weren't going to do me any good. BOTH vendors (2 different companies) said "just send them back and we'll credit your Paypal account." I couldn't believe it - no hassle at all. Once I found out that I needed a Jetta assembly with incandescent lamps I got stupid lucky and found one at Pick n Pull and for cheap - it was the ONLY light left on the car! So anyhow, customer service is not completely dead.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; July 6, 2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I’’m not saying customer service is dead , I’ve had some great service lately. It’s just when you drop some big coin and they don’t seem to care that bothers me . Where I’m employed, if we screw up, we make it right. Even if we lose money on the job .
        Last edited by langleylad; July 6, 2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Thank You for Your Time and Patience in this matter. After this thread we would like for you to answer a quick customer survey about your experiences with us so we can carefully evaluate our system and employees.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
            Even if we lose money on the job .
            When I was rounding up the parts for Red's new rear end ratio, I had BS on the screen, was going back and forth between BS and the shopping cart for the parts. Not surprising, I ended up with the shopping cart going on two different tabs on the computer and amongst the parts I ended up ordering 2 of the ring and pinion sets. I was confused (not another surprise).

I caught my mistake on a Sunday. The shipment was showing "Ready for Pickup." I called them, yes they are even open on Sunday. I explained how I had screwed up, maybe hoping to intercept my mistake. They said the package is already ready for pickup, so when you get the package just send the extra ring/pinion back and we'll pay for the shipment. And they did. 19 pounds, UPS. They paid for me being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              They paid for me being stupid.
              Now that is Customer Service !

Comment

WalMart gets THAT. My ID got jacked. Card company that made money from me wouldn't do JACK. WalMart who was the innocent bystander ATE the sale. HATE the Waltons, but I shop WalMart online every month now. LOWER prices than their stores and delivered to my door free over $35. NO questions on shorts or refunds. Just got a $3.85 shortage replacement on my Ravioli.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I know we should and do avoid names here, but the folks who did that, they are spelled American Muscle. I've bought a shit ton of stuff from them already, that may have had something to do with them giving me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    I know we should and do avoid names here, but the folks who did that, they are spelled American Muscle.
                    No problem with posting worthwhile reviews of products or services at all, but it's worth repeating that all praise or negative comments, are the expressed opinions of the poster only.

Comment

No problem with posting worthwhile reviews of products or services at all, but it's worth repeating that all praise or negative comments, are the expressed opinions of the poster only.
                      This poster was very unusually extremely happy, given the thread title alone.

EDIT: I haven't posed a photo of the parts that are waiting to go on there. Well, you've all seen parts like that before, never mind.
                      Last edited by pdub; July 7, 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

But we LIKE pics of parts. The price of hanging out with a bunch of semi-literates.

Dan

Comment

I'm not often referred to as being semi-literate, but when I am, it means that I'm appreciated!
                          Last edited by silver_bullet; July 7, 2018, 02:04 PM.
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

quick way to bankruptcy if you ask me

I appreciate Summit Racing's work to make things right on the DECKED system I bought for my Colorado. There's a long list of companies I won't do business with, but I'd much rather talk about the ones that get things right. I like Amazon too for that reason, to the point that many sellers have a store front and also sell on Amazon - I'll buy Amazon because I know in the end, if it isn't right, they, not the seller, will make it right.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Items shipped UPS Ground incur duties/taxes and brokerage fees. I was in the shipping business for 21 years. We never shipped UPS Ground to Canada anything that could
                              be taxed. The brokerage fees made it more expensive than FEDEX 3day.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X