OK, enough already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, enough already!

Who the hell would want this in their classic car!

This whole self-driving vehicle thing just needs to go into the Bad Idea file.

Siemens worked out a way for autonomous car to suck even more fun out of driving by developing a self-driving system that could be fitted to classic cars, like the 1965 Ford Mustang it ran at the Goodwood Hillclimb today.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Maybe someday they will sell those systems at stereo shops then everybody who buys one will be coming back later to sue when they, you-know, hit a hay bale and stuff. I dunno, all kinds of stuff could happen.

I hate getting old but am happy to have grown up in the era I did.

Comment

and in a Mustang, those Mustangs are awesome around crowds

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

GOOD times to be a Barrister!
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I cannot believe they even came out in public in it at this point . There was nothing in that video that looked good . And even when the driver that was there ( and he knew he was there just in case and wasn't reading a romance novel or the Wall Street Journal couldn't stop it from hitting the wall , well , if I had been interested , I wouldn't be any more .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

*I* am waiting for the electric late model C3 conversion...

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              *I* am waiting for the electric late model C3 conversion...
              as well you should. takes a TRULY manly man to wrassle a manual steering
              iron headed big block C3 into submission. better to wait for the self
              driving conversion and leave the gnarly dinosaurs to those of us who
              are capable of driving them ourselves.....

Comment

190 HP of screaming single exhaust smog block, I can just imagine!

Comment

190 HP of screaming single exhaust smog block, I can just imagine!
                  well, thats how some of them cam STOCK... mine isnt stock, isnt a small block, and
                  might make a tad more than 190hp.... speaking of which, the 5.0 stangs made 205-225hp, the
                  monte ss made 180hp, the irocs about the same...hate em all with a passion? or is a specific
                  thing that makes you so rabidly hate C3's? perhaps overcompensation of some sort?

i mean, how much hp did a 70 cuda with a slant six make? but thats nothing a quick 340-440
                  swap wont cure, just like MOST "normal" cars......

Comment

a few years ago, someone swapped a prius drivetrain into a Mustang.... not sure this is worse
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

5.0 Foxes, pretty broad area there. Monte SS, was there ever really a fast one? Gen 2 IROCs, meh.

A Body Barracudas. Glorified Darts. E-Body Cuda was 383 base. I had a '71 Barracuda winter beater, yes I regret that thing getting trashed, but I just finished what 5 Midwest winters started.

Late 70s, early 80s Corvette.... Fiberglass body, like any good kit car. If you got in before the collectors a good start.

Good Luck with the IRS though....
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; July 15, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

well, thats how some of them cam STOCK... mine isnt stock, isnt a small block, and
                        might make a tad more than 190hp.... speaking of which, the 5.0 stangs made 205-225hp, the
                        monte ss made 180hp, the irocs about the same...hate em all with a passion? or is a specific
                        thing that makes you so rabidly hate C3's? perhaps overcompensation of some sort?

i mean, how much hp did a 70 cuda with a slant six make? but thats nothing a quick 340-440
                        swap wont cure, just like MOST "normal" cars......
                        You know all too well...."Haters just gotta hate"
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          a few years ago, someone swapped a prius drivetrain into a Mustang.... not sure this is worse
                          I wonder, is this the other half of that swap?

Click image for larger version

Name:	30727081_10155483597760835_2719569576680488960_n.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	1208846

Comment

Late 70s, early 80s Corvette.... Fiberglass body, like any good kit car.

except they were made that way factory, with a full GM warranty.
                            at least glass is light and dont rust.

im beginning to think the phrase "me thinketh the lady doth protest too much"
                            applies here. or as freud said, latent hostility and scorn often hide the true feelings
                            of want and jealousy.....

hate em all you want. i love mine and its reliable as a rock AND fast as f@ck.
                            what are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

im beginning to think the phrase "me thinketh the lady doth protest too much"
                              applies here. or as freud said, latent hostility and scorn often hide the true feelings
                              of want and jealousy.....

Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X