OK, enough already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

well, thats how some of them cam STOCK... mine isnt stock, isnt a small block, and
    might make a tad more than 190hp.... speaking of which, the 5.0 stangs made 205-225hp, the
    monte ss made 180hp, the irocs about the same...hate em all with a passion? or is a specific
    thing that makes you so rabidly hate C3's? perhaps overcompensation of some sort?

i mean, how much hp did a 70 cuda with a slant six make? but thats nothing a quick 340-440
    swap wont cure, just like MOST "normal" cars......
    Kinda sad when the top sports car of the day, would get out run by a dodge truck.
    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

I see where you are coming from, but, what else did the pentastar folks have performance wise at that time....Corinthian leather was their big sales pitch....
      Second gen f bodies and vettes were getting gutted by emissions regs, even the 454 was 235 horse....
      Mustangs had gone back to being based off of an economy platform.... and Chrysler had been dealt with the K cars and minivans....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

During that period Chrysler stubbornly kept producing the E58 360. It was designed for Police use but available in anything a V8 was. In '79 it was upgraded to dual mufflers and cats. It was auto trans only, but a 318 with a stick was there too. Then came the C4 Corvette, the Fox Body Mustang and the Gen 3 Camaro. And Corvette guys denial.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'd say something, but, Enough Already....
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

All this crap was so far back in time I can't believe anyone gives a care . Couple things I will toss in is that horse power alone doesn't get the job done . There are gear ratios and torque to figure in........ok and weight and aero.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

as well as handling capabilities! BTW....who holds the title for America's Sports Car til this very day?
              Last edited by silver_bullet; July 17, 2018, 05:10 PM.
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                ....... And Corvette guys denial.

......pot/kettle...........

"me thinketh the lady doth protest too much".

Comment

I don't know what you want me to say. Late model C3s are the BEST project cars on the planet? Dirt cheap. Lightning fast stock. Bulletproof drivetrain. Lighter than air. Tougher than Kryptonite?

You chose to live with a LOT of compromises to try for the LOOK of no compromise.

As I've said, if I were to build I'd start with a Gen 3 Camaro just to avoid getting swallowed up in a sea of Fox bodies. My beloved Mopars were just not getting the rust prevention RIGHT enough by '80 to expect to find a clean one.

Comment

Here ya go!

Comment

Driven a corvette.
                      Driven a Syclone
                      Love the Syclone's ABILITIES
                      Love the vette's comfort ride
                      Syclone was much easier to get in/out of for me..

Comment

Like the Syclone, wish it was available in extended cab...would have to agree on the 3rd gen Camaro... maybe someday I'll build my third one....
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I just keep thinking if someone were to take a full tube door car chassis and randomly hang body panels on it, it would end up looking like a 3rd Gen
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; July 18, 2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                            I don't know what you want me to say. Late model C3s are the BEST project cars on the planet? Dirt cheap. Lightning fast stock. Bulletproof drivetrain. Lighter than air. Tougher than Kryptonite?

You chose to live with a LOT of compromises to try for the LOOK of no compromise.
                            i dont want you to say any of that--
                            i just want to know what YOURE daily
                            driver is, since you insist on trashing
                            C3 vettes.

as for compromise--EVERYTHING in
                            life is a compromise.

"Late model C3s are the BEST project cars on the planet"
                            no. there is no "best" car on the planet, different strokes
                            for different folks and all that.

"Dirt cheap"
                            maybe, depends on a LOT of "compromises"...

"lightning fast stock"
                            some c3's, yes.any LS5 454 70-71, a 68-69 435hp 427, a 70 LT-1......
                            and the ones that arent so fast stock can be MADE
                            fast pretty easy/cheap, so see your above 2 previous statements...

"Bulletproof drivetrain"
                            again, some...as for your sure to be crowed about IRS,
                            there are quite a few cars going low 10's/high 9's on the
                            IRS rear, and thats a FACT not an over inflated opinion...

"Lighter than air"
                            no, but not too porky either. im at 3310lbs with an all iron
                            454 big block.....

"Tougher than Kryptonite"
                            as stated above, "the ones that arent so fast stock can be MADE
                            fast pretty easy/cheap", simply change "fast" to tough....

so again, lets see pics of YOUR 500+hp daily driver.....

Comment

I specifically say LATE MODEL C3s. Nothing wrong with 68-74. MoPar guys let cracks live online all the time. Rust buckets. Sound funny when they crank. First to jump ship to FWD. K Car. We let it run off like water from a duck's back. Why can't Corvette guys?

I turn 64 later this year. Been borderline homeless for over 20 years due to disabilities. Doesn't diminish the fact I love cars. Unfortunately my "automotive prime" was 1973- 1990. I'll probably get bored and wander along again soon, I've done it MANY times before. This is at least my third fascination with BangShift and like the eighth or tenth time with cars in general. I've tried to enthuse and entertain every time here. Sorry if I'm not reverent enough about America's ONLY TRUE sportscar for some.

Oh Yeah, What area of Honolulu do you live in? That way I can do some extra donuts there next time I load up Test Drive Unlimited...
                              Last edited by RockJustRock; July 18, 2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                                Like the Syclone, wish it was available in extended cab...would have to agree on the 3rd gen Camaro... maybe someday I'll build my third one....
                                Typhoon was the Blazer bodied Seems the Syclone was better. The Typhoon had the big body to throw around

Syclone has a sticker on the tailgate "Maximum load: 200 pounds"

Comment

Working...
                                X