Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOU can help choose the new UnitMobile (expires 7/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Yes, it will. I've already addressed that with Unit, anything in the world she wants to make this be "whole." . She said, FORD! That's my girl.
    I dunno..... After all your tuner adventures on both cars when I hear Ford I will think wonky electronics. Haven't heard that kind of talk from other brand owners.

Particularly Ford has a rep for random top speed limiters from waaaay back.

Can't believe my Dodges would need a tuner to go faster than 110.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; July 13, 2018, 08:22 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

get a 2018 Focus RS..... awd, 350 hp, Red won't know what hit him
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Worst case scenario, get another computer . Don't throw the baby out with the bath water . Not that I'm try to knock sue out of a new car . It would be worth more running right .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

We could get a moped or a Smart Car if all we wanted was to get killed trying to merge into traffic on the interstate.
          Quote of the day !

Comment

Unit is already saying, "Let's get her back, and I just won't mash the gas. I don't mash the gas anyway."

That's when it happens, just don't mash the gas like you mean it. Who in the hell wants a car like that? We could get a moped or a Smart Car if all we wanted was to get killed trying to merge into traffic on the interstate.
            you should buy a Mustang, I hear those run great when there's people about....
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I might be in the market, hope to know more Monday. Regardless though I am not in the market for a GO FAST car that would tempt Pdub beyond limit (again). Need a car the NEW TIRES we bought for Bluebelle will fit, lol

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                I might be in the market, hope to know more Monday. Regardless though I am not in the market for a GO FAST car that would tempt Pdub beyond limit (again). Need a car the NEW TIRES we bought for Bluebelle will fit, lol
                That's why I picked the SLOWEST Dodge Charger. You WOULDN'T want a SUV or mini van. Might as well just drive Bubba as THAT. That would just leave something really TINY and slow like a Smart Car or Prius. I mean it would still have to LOOK good and LOOKING good USUALLY means looking fast.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                  Hello ?
                  He tried to tune a Fusion for LSR !!!
                  What's left ?

Comment

True, true..... How many Fusion owners even realize their car has a speed limiter thingie? Penelope Pitstop comes home to her hubby and asks, "Honey? Why won't my new Fusion top 110?".

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Hello ?
                        He tried to tune a Fusion for LSR !!!
                        What's left ?
                        Ohhhh thanks a lot for rubbing it in Steve....

Whatever she gets next, I ain't touching it. You can't PAY me to mess with it. I'll wash it and put gas in it. And oil, maybe, if the drain plug is not at all hard to get to.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Did you guys SMELL Fried wires?
                          If not, "should" not be hard to fix...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Did you guys SMELL Fried wires?
                            No, I only smell fried "me."

It's internal, computer logic, programming, the things that I don't know or understand. Those are the things Dyno Man charges a fortune to know, and he DOES know. He's had Bluebelle for a whole week.

He had a very difficult week, major unforeseen distractions. I really don't know how much time he actually spent working on it. Maybe he can actually fix her if he just puts his full attention to it. But by now I doubt it. Optimistically, I actually doubt it.

Comment

This brings to mind the subject of urgency, and here comes a story - as always I think I've typed this here before, but wade through it again.

Superman and I were running at Road Atlanta. We were there together, in the same run group. We were out there making laps, and I think that was the time he was running a cylinder down in his Corvette because Red was able to stay ahead of him.

Anyhow, somebody scattered some shit on the track and at the end of the run we'd both run over it and we both had flat tires. Deal with it. He towed the Vette to the track so we threw our flat tires into the back of his Expedition and went to the tire store, barely a mile up the road. Drop them off and go sightseeing. Not much to see. Tick tick tick, we're burning daylight and track time.

He finally couldn't stand it, "Lets go back and aggravate them to get our tires fixed!"

That's him, but that's just not me. That's not gonna help a thing, in my mind. They've got our tires and the last thing you want to do is to piss them off, they can take as long as they want to to fix our tires. They will intentionally take LONGER if you piss them off.

That's kind of where I am with Dyno Man. He's a great guy, but he's all over the map. Let's someday eventually get Bluebelle back, fixed or not, and either trade her in or race her at The Mile. It's the crossroads, and it will make its own timeline. That's the peace I have established in my brain.

Comment

Working...
                              X