No announcement yet.

Just Let Me Rent the Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Driveway Austin as a REAL Track. Gotta get a LOT of laps on a tiny track like that!
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

With variations all over the track, that 4 1/2 stories would ALL be at one time, going under the bridge down into Turn 12. And you can only go to that track for the first time once, but that's the first thing you see when you drive through the gate, that plummet. Gyadalmighty......

AMP has 98 feet of elevation change and sort a similar deal at one point but you're going UP that hill, and all you can see is sky at the top. You just have to know and believe where the track is after that. Turn. Turn NOW.
      No, that was in the details on the Kart track or was that AMP?

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

No, that was in the details on the Kart track or was that AMP?
        Okay, now I'm confusing me.

Atlanta Motorsports Park is outside of Dawsonville, GA. There are two things there, a kart track and a full-blown road course. You can see one from another on the front portion of the road course. The road course is 2 miles in length and has 98 feet of elevation change. The kart track, an adjacent facility, is .83 mile in length and has 43 feet of elevation change.

Road Atlanta is in Braselton GA. It's 2.5 miles around and has 125 feet of elevation change. And I was wrong about Turn 12, that turn is a 76 foot drop.
        Last edited by pdub; July 16, 2018, 03:49 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Okay, now I'm confusing me.

Atlanta Motorsports Park is outside of Dawsonville, GA. There are two things there, a kart track and a full-blown road course. You can see one from another on the front portion of the road course. The road course is 2 miles in length and has 98 feet of elevation change. The kart track, an adjacent facility, is .83 mile in length and has 43 feet of elevation change.

Road Atlanta is in Braselton GA. It's 2.5 miles around and has 125 feet of elevation change. And I was wrong about Turn 12, that turn is a 76 foot drop.
          So it was AMP. I can't see elevation changes for a Kart unless it has gears.

Comment

So it was AMP. I can't see elevation changes for a Kart unless it has gears.
            The signs on the road bragging about the karts say they go either 50 mph or 60 mph, I can't remember which. We've been there a dozen times, just never to run the karts. One of the first instructors I ever had riding with me at AMP, on the cool-down lap, he looked over there and said, "That's what I WANT to do, those karts."

Comment

Guess I'll always be a flat track guy, unless jumoing!

Comment

Guess I'll always be a flat track guy, unless jumoing!
                I LIKE those hills and curves but only in a controlled environment.

Comment

The signs on the road bragging about the karts say they go either 50 mph or 60 mph, I can't remember which. We've been there a dozen times, just never to run the karts. One of the first instructors I ever had riding with me at AMP, on the cool-down lap, he looked over there and said, "That's what I WANT to do, those karts."
                  it's getting into the wind with less chance of road rash. Karts are an amazing level of fun....go spinning off the track in a Kart and a few grass blades are trimmed... go spinning off the track on a bike and you'll learn what skin graft survivors know.... that hurts.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You'll also not get me on a race track for ANYTHING but a new PB. I learned very quickly the race doesn't always go to the fastest, the best tree or the most consistent. Luck and trickery combine to create 15 losers for one winner. But that CLOCK..... I can kick that clock's ass.

And win over the crowd doing it....
                    Last edited by RockJustRock; July 16, 2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X