What's the Funniest Thing Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Funniest Thing Ever?

I've got my own idea about it, but it's something that involved me, so maybe that doesn't count to anyone else, but what's the funniest thing ever in your lifetime?

That's a tough one to cipher. Mary at Gear Head Inn pointed out, they now play outdoor movies on their "big screen" at night, and Smoky and the Bandit is the most requested one. She said she and Jim can laugh at the same punch lines over and over and enjoy it every single time.

But what's the funniest thing? Ever. Not a movie line, but something that you were actually involved in or at least saw or heard about in person?

I know for sure that's a hard question. If we're having enough fun, it's all just fun. So, that's a tough question and probably not even a fair question.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Sorry, but you let that movie thing crawl in..... PORKY'S. Dumb movie.... REALLY dumb, but never failed to bring people to TEARS when I force them to watch it. I need to think and nap on the real experience, but the funniest movie, actually funniest part of funniest movie, shower scene and police questioning from Porky's. Animal House is easily 100 times that movie, but nowhere near the pure laughter.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

O.K., a ten minute one..... Our high school had a 100 desk study hall where they put everyone they didn't know what to do with. Rotated through Teachers they didn't know what to do with, sh*t duty for them too. Insisted on TOTAL silence. It was like a concentration camp. One day out of NOWHERE a random kid, not even a cool kid or funny kid got fed UP and just shouted RIBIT! Teacher went ballistic running around "who did that! who did that!". Well we were laughing and respecting that kid and wanted to protect him so EVERYONE started shouting RIBIT! Sounded like a SWAMP full of frogs. After a minute or two a splinter group broke off and switched to KNEE DEEP! Swept through like a wave. Total anarchy. Teacher was alternating between being angry and just helplessly crying.

Comment

When Bertha was discussing the shower incident with the coaches in the principal's office!
        and the camera focused on Ike's portrait!
        Last edited by silver_bullet; July 20, 2018, 05:30 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Any skit Tim Conway was in on the Carol Burnett show.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

To bring it to a personal thing, something I was involved in (there are a couple of these) -

Two guys sitting on stools at a bar in Oklahoma where I was sitting just a couple of stools down. First guy is newly In Love, telling the second guy all about his new babe. Second guy asks what kind of trashy family THIS one is from (I had the feeling this may not be the first lady #1 has fallen for). Number 1 says, "Oh, no, she's from a GREAT family - double wide."

Dan

Comment

I'll go with a personal one . I was driving a full size 66 passenger school bus for a youth outreach and was picking up kids in a near downtown neighborhood. Parking on both sides of the street leaving two way traffic to be shared in what amounted to a lane and a half . Mature trees hanging over the edge of the street in a few places . In one place the branches raked the upper side of the bus while picking them up . So on the way dropping the kids off at their houses , I changed the route a bit so I hit those br aches after dropping all or at least almost all the kids off . By this time it was dark . I had two couples riding with me helping keep everyone from going wild . Well , when I hit those branches and they popped and banged down the side I turned lights on and off about 20 times as fast as I could. The girls thought that it ripped a powerline loose and it w as s arcing onto the bus . MAN ! did they SCREAM ! I kid you not , I laughed all the way home . One of the couples happens to be one of my wifes brothers and his with . It still gets brought up every once in a while and it's been 17 years . Ok I'm the one that brings it up but I still laugh .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Another thing I observed: I was at Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, one of those big, indoor malls. I was sitting in one of the atriums and a girl of about 13 or 14 was walking by with a woman who was pretty clearly her Mom. I have no idea of the rest of the conversation but when they passed by me the Mom said (loudly), "Well, why don't I just get my BUTT pierced, then??!!" I'd love to have known the rest of that conversation.

Dan

Comment

I'm gonna fess up and say, the thing that made me start this topic.....I've got one of those outboard hard drives. A 1TB thing where I have EVERYTHING stored. If that thing ever fries, I'll lose it "all".

Anyhow, I was dragging through that thing, a trip down Memory Lane. Road courses, land speed, family photos, just having a great time of it. I stumbled across the video of us at Gear Head Inn, the moment the song "No Help" was conceived and born. And Victor was up there singing it. THAT. That right there was "it" for me, there it is/was.
                  Last edited by pdub; July 21, 2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Just saw a new Porsche Carrera 4 cabriolet pull into the Dollar General store as we were driving past!!! Can't make this stuff up!
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; July 21, 2018, 02:13 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Just saw a new Porsche Carrera 4 cabriolet pull into the Dollar General store as we were driving past!!! Can't make this stuff up!
                      Up the road from here, heading out of town on US11, there's a tiny "strip mall." All that's in it is a Dollar General and a tanning salon. It makes me laugh every time I drive past that. Here in Tennessee there is no car inspection ordinance in place. So, you've got a whole lot of junk, one headlight, no fenders, Jed Clampett's worst nightmare. So drive past that location with the Dollar General and the tanning salon and just look - horse carts and limos, parked together.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        I feel like an A-Hole, but I can top that in Long Beach.

Roll up to the 7/11 and there is a Mega Buck Porsche outside. Whale Tail, flat black highlights, the whole schmear. I point at it and ask the clerk "you have quite the clientele!". He says "Oh that's the owner's wife. She needed a hobby so he bought her this.". At that instant, on cue a hot chick on roller skates comes flying out of the back room restocking the shelves. Signal Hill area to be precise.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Up the road from here, heading out of town on US11, there's a tiny "strip mall." All that's in it is a Dollar General and a tanning salon. It makes me laugh every time I drive past that. Here in Tennessee there is no car inspection ordinance in place. So, you've got a whole lot of junk, one headlight, no fenders, Jed Clampett's worst nightmare. So drive past that location with the Dollar General and the tanning salon and just look - horse carts and limos, parked together.
                          What's hilarious about tanning salons is you see this wreak of a car pull in , you know it can't be reliable transportation but what is see spending her money on ? A higher risk of skin cancer .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

In Wis. we had a Tanning Salon, a Hot Tub store and a Video Rental in a mini mall. I asked the video guy "is this a race to see who can belly up first?".

Comment

Working...
                            X