Sharing a garage with your wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a garage with your wife

Lohnes apparently has a garage. He wants modification suggestions.

But seriously, is it a good idea to share your garage with your wife? and no, there is no parity here because once the wife takes over, there is no going back. When a guy takes over the garage it is usually for a time just shorter then his nag limit can handle.
    Good idea
    46.67%
    Bad idea
    26.67%
    Just get a divorce now to save a rush to the courthouse
    26.67%
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 20, 2018, 10:29 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

You forgot the "depends on the wife" choice. I shared one with my wife years ago and things were fine, she had her side and I had mine.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

We share the garage the exact opposite of the way we share the bed. 90% of the garage is mine and she can have the little sliver of space over on the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
        We share the garage the exact opposite of the way we share the bed. 90% of the garage is mine and she can have the little sliver of space over on the edge.
        Our garage is the exact same as the bed, my side is her side as well. got a nice sized 2 car and I still have to wrench in the fooking driveway.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

How many times do I have to tell you guys? You do NOT have a "garage" you have a "SHOP"!!!!!! THIS MATTERS! I've had 3 wives and know whereof I speak. Wimmings think a "garage" is a place you park a car inside of and maybe do an occasional craft project. This is a result of bad parenting by her folks - Dad was probably henpecked. A "SHOP", on the other hand, is a place where someone (not her) does projects, some of which may benefit her. I've told you guys before and I'll tell you again, this stuff matters. To those of you who have already allowed a bad precedent to take seed - well, it may be too late. You may be stuck living with the result of not listening to Ol' Dan. Good luck.......

Ol' Dan

Comment

Women look at a garage and say "Oh My, what a nice big closet!". Most "Garage Find" cars are found under a pile of crap women stacked on them. Another common thought is "Why throw ANYTHING away when there's a garage".
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

We live in a "garage door" neighborhood. It's nearly amazing how many folks pile up about $180 worth of junk and boxes in the two-car garage and leave the two cars out on the pad baking in the sun.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Tammy only asks for a few square feet to stash garden tools... the bullet sleeps there when there is room... I couldn't ask for more...1000 sq ft with more tools than garage...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

As Dan S can confirm........ it may look like a 2 car 7 foot wall garage but it is in fact a shop . She asked when she was going to get a spot , I said never .half is for tools and "shop stuff " and the other is project vehicle space or if I ever get it done , the vette . Is just the reality of us moving in town from the country where we had a 2-1/2 plus a 26x36 pole barn .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Tammy only asks for a few square feet to stash garden tools... the bullet sleeps there when there is room... I couldn't ask for more...1000 sq ft with more tools than garage...
                    The garden tool thing is easily solved with a simple shed out in the back yard. This is a good thing anyhow as you can put gas cans and other flammables out of your shop so that a disaster only results in the loss of her garden tools and maybe the lawn mower. Be a sport and build/buy her a shed.

Dan

Comment

my situation probably doesn't apply to Brian's....we have the 6 car garage for parking cars, three of mine, and three of hers. And the shop is a bit more square feet than the garage, it has the one car I'm building right now, in it.

Don't get a lift, Brian...they take up a lot of room. and you're still young.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

Our garage is the exact same as the bed, my side is her side as well. got a nice sized 2 car and I still have to wrench in the fooking driveway.
                        she just wants to show the world how handy you are. At least she doesn't make you work in a skirt....
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It only now occurs to me this morning (and that's not worh a penny), there's more to this than meets the eye, more to think about. On the day that I installed that hose reel to go with the air compressor, Bubba the Truck lost his parking spot in the garage. He will no longer fit. He WILL fit in the garage, moved over about three feet, but somebody else has to wait outside.

Which becomes a choice when the storm comes through when you know the storm is coming...who sits outside?
                          Last edited by pdub; July 21, 2018, 03:47 AM.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            It only now occurs to me this morning (and that's not worh a penny), there's more to this than meets the eye, more to think about. On the day that I installed that hose reel to go with the air compressor, Bubba the Truck lost his parking spot in the garage. He will no longer fit. He WILL fit in the garage, moved over about three feet, but somebody else has to wait outside.

Which becomes a choice when the storm comes through when you know the storm is coming...who sits outside?
                            Sorry to say this, but it will remain Bubba.... A truck is for work... no matter how dented, scratched, or rusted, it can still do it's appointed tasks, from hauling wood, to parts chasing, to moving furniture... and when properly equipped, be the family mover with the biggest trunk ever....
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

The garden tool thing is easily solved with a simple shed out in the back yard. This is a good thing anyhow as you can put gas cans and other flammables out of your shop so that a disaster only results in the loss of her garden tools and maybe the lawn mower. Be a sport and build/buy her a shed.

Dan
                              Thinking on that one.... the city states that I am Maxxed out on garage...but I could add a shed of a 160 sq foot maximum... thinking about it as finances allow... If I did build one, it would also house the air compressor to keep the noise out of the garage...and give us precious additional square footage....and if that happens, it will be insulated with a bit of a greenhouse for her gardening endeavors...
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; July 21, 2018, 05:27 AM.
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X