• Top Fuel Dragster Goes 1320!

Says so right on the car!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7_21_Leah.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1209695
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Kind of ironic to advertise a 1320 on a car set up for a 1000.....and, a Super B logo on a car made by a manufacturer that hasn't had a B body in decades!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The "B" actually referred to the Bumblebee Stripe. The '68 Dart had one. The SuperBee was a mid-year. The Six Pack SuperBee was perhaps the ultimate Mopar. The Six Barrel RoadRunner just didn't have that spark to it. And the Hemis? Well they still had hinges on their steel hoods.

Comment

Excerpt taken from Historics Brooklands Museum:

The original Dodge Super Bee was based on the Dodge Coronet. A two-door coupé produced from 1968 until 1970. It was the cousin of the Plymouth Road Runner, priced at $3,027. The name 'Super Bee' was derived from the 'B' Body designation assigned to Chrysler's mid-sized cars including the Coronet, Roadrunner, and Charger. The interior of the Super Bee borrowed the racecar-inspired and more sophisticated gauges and speedometer dash cluster from the Dodge Charger while the four-speed manual cars received a Hurst Competition-Plus shifter with Hurst linkage, compared to the budget-minded Road Runner's less expensive Inland shifter and linkage. All these niceties added to the higher purchase price of the Super Bee compared to its Plymouth cousin and ultimately affected its sales numbers. The Super Bee, like nearly all Chrysler muscle cars of that era, was available with the Hemi engine, though this option raised the price by 33% and only 125 were sold. The Super Bee came with the 383ci Magnum Big-Block V8, uprated to 335bhp using the 440 heads and a stronger camshaft. It also had a heavy-duty suspension package, an optional Mopar A-833 four-speed manual transmission and high-performance tires. Outside, a stripe (with the bee logo) was wrapped around the tail, the famous 'Bumble Bee Stripe'. The Super Bee was a favorite with racers from new then found a following among teenage enthusiasts as a bargain used car in the early seventies.
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Historics Brooklands Museum? WTF do Limeys know about MoPars? 1968 Dodge Dart GTS Ad, BEFORE there was a SuperBee...

Click image for larger version

Name:	68-Dodge-Dart-the-scat-pack-compact-e1524687414243.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1209800

Comment

They all go 1320, just not under full power. Turn-off is beyond that distance........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yeah, we all know that there were bumblebee stripes before the super bee....kinda like the chicken and the egg....
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                The original Dodge Super Bee was based on the Dodge Coronet. A two-door coupé produced from 1968 until 1970. It was the cousin of the Plymouth Road Runner. The name 'Super Bee' was derived from the 'B' Body designation assigned to Chrysler's mid-sized cars including the Coronet, Roadrunner, and Charger.
                My first car was a '67 Coronet and I thought it was the Bees Knees.

Comment

First car I really worked on with my best friend(his car) at the time....67GTX.....originally a 440 car.... blown up....put a 383 Magnum in her....neither of us had a license yet, only ran it on the dirt road behind the local feed mill....
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; July 24, 2018, 09:51 AM.
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                  X