• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro McTouring

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_57670.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1209802 Is one ANY goofier than the other? I'll take MY goofy factory stock, THOUSANDS cheaper and while it was hot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pro-tour-volare-duster-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	1209803
    Last edited by RockJustRock; July 23, 2018, 08:57 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Something about DETROIT builds..... There was a '79 Pro Street Aspen out of Detroit in 1980. Blown Hemi. Got ONE magazine feature, everyone yawned and moved on. I didn't like it much. No hood. Grille was straight out of the box without the parking light paint detailing. Led me to conclude it was a '76 or '77 that had been cheapo updated. Tacky, even if it WAS a MoPar. REAL MoPar guys aren't afraid to hate on our own too...There were only TWO street MoPars out of Detroit of note, Addison and Lisk. They raced.

Comment

I'm really not one for throwing stones. That tan one is cool . It would be a lot more attractive if it were : Red , Black , Dark Blue , the famous B5 blue , Dark Green , Orange , last but not least Plumb Crazy , all dark colors that reflect light well . And at $32K you better know your audience. Most of us like to wear plaid not sit on it . If your going to sit on it , it better be a early american rocket.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Put rims on the Super Coupe. Let down the T-Bars. Put blocks under the rear axle, DONE. The fenderwells on an F body are HUGE. MoPar knew their audience.

The Direct Connection Ignition Kit always was intended as an un-lean burn kit. Jet up the Thermoquad, DONE.
        Last edited by RockJustRock; July 23, 2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          REAL MoPar guys aren't afraid to hate on our own too.
          Hence, why I stay the hell out of Mopar-only forums unless absolutely necessary.

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It's O.K. McT. Someday you will have a Pro Tourer and you can just TOUR (whatever THAT really is....).

Comment

Oh, for f*ck's sake. We get it, you don't like the car. Move along, already.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

No, you apparently don't get I don't like Pro Touring. Guess I need to try harder to get that across.

Actually I was thinking, "Why make them look like gussied up Classic or Muscle Cars?". Essentially they are just plain old road course or stock cars. Why not carry out the theme and make them LOOK like short track Stock Cars, IMSA Cars or SCCA Trans Am Cars? If you're spending $100K on a '69 Camaro Replica why not make it a Penske Sunoco Camaro? That car is SO close to the MoPar Kit Car short track concept car why not dress it out like it? Doesn't everyone just love a good NASCAR tribute? Go ALL FREAKIN' OUT and build a Lola, McClaren or Chaparral Can Am Tribute to scare the BeeJesus out of Lambos 'n stuff. Make them designed to do SOMETHING other than say "BOY, if I just had the testicular fortitude to turn this loose on a road course without thousands of dollars worth of Optima Street Car Challenge sponsorships and stickers up the ying yang all over it.". If Pro Tourers are indeed capable of AMAZING lap times go to a few Track Days and actually turn some laps.

Name:	8ebb715bc161583007a38e226cc55f28.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1209957

Until any of that happens I'll be right here saying Pro Touring is played out....

Comment

you could try some Pepto...it might help that diarrhea of the mouth you got going on.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Leaf springs and torsion bars. Like a MoPar should.

Name:	2016-01-13_00-21-36.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1209962

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        you could try some Pepto...it might help that diarrhea of the mouth you got going on.
                        Can I get a yellow card here Ref?

I think the forum is more than capable of soaking up a little extra traffic.

Let me tell ya 'bout F Bodies. When I got my Aspen we tossed G-60s on all four corners. Fit like a glove, no rubbing. Crawled under the front bumper where the transverse torsion bars lived behind the Super Pak spoiler and let them down a bit. 2 or 3,000 miles later I was getting a little camber wear so I called up my buddy with his alignment setup. Big access panels for the control arm mounts, how considerate. What's this? Aluminum? Part of the weight reduction program. The F body was lighter by design than the Feather Duster/Dart Lite. A little paint stripper, polish, some stainless screws and I had very Hot Rod looking fenderwells.
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; July 24, 2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

No, you apparently don't get I don't like Pro Touring. Guess I need to try harder to get that across.

Actually I was thinking, "Why make them look like gussied up Classic or Muscle Cars?". Essentially they are just plain old road course or stock cars. Why not carry out the theme and make them LOOK like short track Stock Cars, IMSA Cars or SCCA Trans Am Cars? If you're spending $100K on a '69 Camaro Replica why not make it a Penske Sunoco Camaro? That car is SO close to the MoPar Kit Car short track concept car why not dress it out like it? Doesn't everyone just love a good NASCAR tribute? Go ALL FREAKIN' OUT and build a Lola, McClaren or Chaparral Can Am Tribute to scare the BeeJesus out of Lambos 'n stuff. Make them designed to do SOMETHING other than say "BOY, if I just had the testicular fortitude to turn this loose on a road course without thousands of dollars worth of Optima Street Car Challenge sponsorships and stickers up the ying yang all over it.". If Pro Tourers are indeed capable of AMAZING lap times go to a few Track Days and actually turn some laps.

Name:	8ebb715bc161583007a38e226cc55f28.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1209957

Until any of that happens I'll be right here saying Pro Touring is played out....
                          Ok, that's clearer. I was only seeing a personalized attack on myself, not the idea of Pro Touring. I understand...and I'm officially out of this thread.

Comment

Leaf springs and torsion bars. Like a MoPar should.

Name:	2016-01-13_00-21-36.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1209962
                            I wonder how many of the "kit cars(complete) sold?I don't think people realized what a deal they were missing....
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

They flopped pretty badly. Short Track guys knew exactly what they wanted in a chassis and it wasn't that.

Comment

Working...
                              X