Spidy identification wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidy identification wanted

Had this thing at least run into me while kneeling working on the S10 . Just in case I got bit and don't know it yet , what WAS it ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Here Ya go buddy.....:
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I have it narrowed to a wolf spider or a brown recluse, of which the last one can make a mess of you but not likely to kill you . I think it's a recluse hence the worry but the spot where he touched me hasn't turned red or anything . So it appears that only he is the worse for wear because of this encounter.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My understanding is that if one of them bites you - you'll know it! Glad you escaped it's wrath.

Dan

Comment

not a brown recluse....

Lots of black widows around here lately.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Brown recluse..you will know it!
            Wife got bit, doc took the hunk out that she got bit at..

Comment

Legs are too thick, it's too big and the coloration is wrong for a recluse

I don't gamble and I'll bet you 100 bucks that's a wolf.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Legs are too thick, it's too big and the coloration is wrong for a recluse

I don't gamble and I'll bet you 100 bucks that's a wolf.
                It's a house spider. Wolf spiders are more hairy.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

It's a house spider. Wolf spiders are more hairy.
                  about 2" in diameter as well.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

When I googled pics it seemed like there were several variations to the point that some of the pics looked interchangeable. But a red spot so I'm good . He on the other hand got chased out from under the floor jack with starting fluid as nd then got hosed with it never seemed to kill him but it did stop him for the pics then he got hit with a size 10 .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                      When I googled pics it seemed like there were several variations to the point that some of the pics looked interchangeable. But a red spot so I'm good . He on the other hand got chased out from under the floor jack with starting fluid as nd then got hosed with it never seemed to kill him but it did stop him for the pics then he got hit with a size 10 .
                      You brute!

I cleaned my garage this past weekend, Found a bunch of spiders, mostly Tarantulas & Wolf spiders I just relocate them outside.... they keep the other pests away.....Any black widows or recluses would have met their doom tho, too many kids and dogs running around for those assholes to be around. I have a metric shit ton of triangulate cobweb spiders around the outside of the house. I don't mess with them either unless their webs get in my way.

Wife shits her pants every time she sees one so the all better hope I find them before she does.

No rattlers this year thankfully, but there seems to be an increase in godzilla sized lizards in my yard which means a sudden rise in roadrunners......

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

We faced the infestation of The Brown Recluse or Female Black Widow in our garage! As they are not affected by pesticides, we used the glue traps. The pain of a black widow bite is very intense. One of my friends has to consult the pest control professionals as he was facing severe spider infestation. The DIY techniques didn't work for a longer period of time. The professionals conducted an extermination process to make his house spider free again.
                        Last edited by Monster; November 17, 2018, 06:35 AM. Reason: SPAM advertisement removed.

Comment

Originally posted by MarianJackson View Post
                          One of my friends has to consult the ...
                          I had the feeling you were going to earn a spam infraction fairly quickly.
                          Wonder how long it will be to the next phase of your journey ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I had the feeling you were going to earn a spam infraction fairly quickly.
                            Wonder how long it will be to the next phase of your journey ?
                            Hammer Time!

Comment

Working...
                            X