Dub A$$ of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dub A$$ of the Day

Was looking at little sand blasters for some around the house honey-do projects and came across this item.

Looks to be about what I need...well, not what I need but, what will get the job done for a reasonable price.

I always read reviews, I don't base my decision on them but if there is anything quirky about an item I know about it before I use it.

anyway, I found this gem among the reviews. Part of me feels sorry that they have to go through life being dumb but the other part wants to backhand them upside the head.

in case you can't see it in the photo...

"I purchased this to remove the hard to get off bugs from the chrome grill and mirrors on my car. I followed the instructions after purchasing a bag of sand. It turned my grill and mirrors a dull gray and in some areas it left white marks. I ran it at 95 psi and then lowered the psi to try and stop the color distortion, that's when I realized it was actually taking the shine off my grill. I ended up taking it to the local car wash and they told me I had removed the chrome coating.
    Wow! The add said it cleaned up metals.
    I had also did one of my headlights before realizing what it was actually doing. This thing destroyed my grill , mirrors, and driver's side headlight while I was trying to remove bugs. It did remove the bugs.
    My other complaint was that I after using this thing I have grit in my eyes and mouth hair ect: I would not purchase this again or recommend it for cleaning bugs off your vehicles."
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Priceless
    Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

BACKHAND, indeed lol.

Shoulda used something softer and 10 psi? Lol

Comment

I hope they gave this retard his money back just to get rid of him. Please people pretty please support your local school reading programs and stop breeding people like this.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Darwinism at its finest....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Too funny, can't stop laughing......

Comment

That was great, thanks for the laugh !

Comment

Some how I just know someone is going to try to whiten their teeth with one .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  Some how I just know someone is going to try to whiten their teeth with one .
                  They got em... Waterpick.. Just add grit..

Comment

Just hope the guy doesn't shop for a butane lighter. He'll burn his face off with the ordinance they sell to crack heads.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

An example of why you've got 200 pages of warnings in new car owners manuals and why they have to print "do not eat" on descant packs included in most equipment packaging.

If this review isn't a hoax, I'm wondering if the hapless reviewer was munching on a Tide Pod while composing it.

I hate to think of what mayhem would result if the reviewer tried to correct the problem with this . . . .

I purchased this to restore the chrome grill and mirrors on my car after sandblasting the tough bugs off of them. I followed the instructions and now the whole front of my clothes, face, hands, my car and my neighbor's car are covered with runs, blotches and metallic speckles. Then I passed out for a while from the fumes. I now have gritty paint in my eyes and mouth hair ect: I would not purchase this again or recommend it for for restoring chrome . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X