Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$20 in tape, phi-phi stickers, old lace & rattlecan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $20 in tape, phi-phi stickers, old lace & rattlecan....

and 30 minutes of work, and --BAM---
    the prism/coffin tank for the paughco chopper project.
    came out really good, its MUCH better in person.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0362.JPG Views:	1 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	1210437
    Last edited by fatguyzinc; July 30, 2018, 03:53 AM.

Lou-king good !
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Remember doing cycle tank paint with rattle cans in days gone by, but never that nice!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

i swear the secret is krylons glitterblast paint
        and the spraymax Y2K activated hardener clear,
        makes it look like its a foot underwater.

the stickers were just girly swirl leafy looking things,
        the lace was an old bed ruffle or something,
        taped in place. after glittering everything, peel all the
        stickers and lace/tape off and then clear coat the whole deal.

i love making "something outta nothing".

Comment

I remember rattle can painting my old yamaha dirt bike motor cyle . The problem was you had to be very careful and skilled pouring in your dad's lawn mower gas or else you now had a crinkle paint job you now needed to sand off . Does the clear hardener prevent this ?
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

So many bits on bikes are plastic now. Krylon Fusion paints are the cat's meow on that stuff.

For tanks, you just have to test various brands until you find a clear that doesn't shit the bed when gas gets on it. I can't for the life of me remember what we wound up using the last time we did that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              I remember rattle can painting my old yamaha dirt bike motor cyle . The problem was you had to be very careful and skilled pouring in your dad's lawn mower gas or else you now had a crinkle paint job you now needed to sand off . Does the clear hardener prevent this ?
              yes the spraymax 2k is fuel resistant as well.it works great--
              almost justifies the $24 per can price....

Comment

Had my bike painted Camaro white.. Really white! The painter used Imron and first day as I was putting a yoke in the pocket, I dropped it on my tank and chipped a dime size hole in the paint... I was so dispointed.

Comment

and heres the $7 fleabay vintage 1920's glass doorknob turned into a gascap.
                  as i said i LOVE making something outta nothing, it was just fill with epoxy &
                  glitter, then once dry drill & tap for a 1/4-20 stainless through bolt.

the 'topper' is a sterling silver lamp finial from citymill, it was $4.. i did however
                  forget that the epoxy cures a bit yellow, and red (isnt pink just 'light red'?) plus
                  yellow = orange, so the color is a few shades off from the tank-but putting it over
                  black makes it look darker too i think.

close enough for me, though. and im 100% certain that once the bikes done
                  i wont see another setup like this at any car show or drive-in cruise i take it to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	1212582

Comment

One of a kind! I see that as a contrasting color rather than a "match" which is, I think, more interesting. Rock on!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X