Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name it Edsel.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I like Edsel as well.... but I still think Pain In The A$$ (Pita) fits as well!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

"What did our ancient ancestors do before they even knew what ice was?"
        Isn't that a question you should ask on a British forum?
        The answer might be LUCAS refrigerators. LOL

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          I like Edsel as well.... but I still think Pain In The A$$ (Pita) fits as well!
          I stood there looking at the nearly new fridge. I said, "Hi, Pita." That's sort of the masculine form of Rita. That seems to give the shitbox too much respect. And then I called it Edsel. "Hey there, Edsel." The thing just kept sitting there, staring at me. I think I heard it say, "I'm not a Ford."

All the worse reason to hate it.

It used to be that "hard goods," refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, etc, were meant to last a long time. Not any more. It's planned obsolescence. It's only here-say, but I've heard it from the inside, from folks who worked at the factory. They build them to fail in a very concise time window, so you have to get another one. Or so they say, and so I believe, given the evidence.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

From the Batman movie character Mr Freeze, call it ARNOLD.
            I have a 13 year old refrigerator. It has a cold water, no ice, outside dispenser. It sprung a leak about 8 years ago. I turned it off.
            Now every few years the nylon/pvc supply hose springs a leak and pisses into the toaster on the counter. I shut off the water cut the hose shorter reconnect and mop up the water.
            Waiting for the next leak.

Nick

Comment

I got my. Grandma's reefer! It was old when I got it! She has been gone longer than I have had my fake hip. Reefer gotta be 40 yrs old!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                I got my. Grandma's reefer! It was old when I got it! She has been gone longer than I have had my fake hip. Reefer gotta be 40 yrs old!
                Unit's dad had a fridge, the one with the big CLUMP handle on the front, the one that kids could lock themselves inside of and suffocate, those were outlawed. One of her brothers still has it, it's still running. About 50 (or who even knows how many) years later.

Comment

I try to avoid the ice by way of avoiding tap water. Much of the water in LA is "recycled". That means filtered, but not distilled. Draw your own evil conclusions. All I know is the two most common medications are opiates and birth control. Opium and Estrogen, I want neither. I went to a diet of all Crystal Geyser. If I run out and drink tap I can FEEL the difference. Crystal Geyser and Fiji are so pure they often won't freeze at all or at least until shaken to stir up the minute amount of particulate to form a crystal lattice.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I stood there looking at the nearly new fridge. I said, "Hi, Pita." That's sort of the masculine form of Rita. That seems to give the shitbox too much respect. And then I called it Edsel. "Hey there, Edsel." The thing just kept sitting there, staring at me. I think I heard it say, "I'm not a Ford."

All the worse reason to hate it...
                    It's a good thing my phone is waterproof! I sneezed at ton of water on it when you said that!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Unit's dad had a fridge, the one with the big CLUMP handle on the front, the one that kids could lock themselves inside of and suffocate, those were outlawed. One of her brothers still has it, it's still running. About 50 (or who even knows how many) years later.
                      Got one of them too.. Unplugged it for winter as it was freezing my water.. Power bill went down $20/month...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Got one of them too.. Unplugged it for winter as it was freezing my water.. Power bill went down $20/month...
                        All that to say, old stuff was built and meant to run forever, and it did/does. New stuff is junk. Very fancy junk. Extremely fancy junk. But it looks real good in a dumpster when it quits working. Corporate America should be ashamed. But they're not, they get to sell another new one, and there's their bottom line..

Comment

I said use 'Edsel' because it fits. New technology, looks great, doesn't work very well. Perfect......almost.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                          X