Little father and son time - with the welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little father and son time - with the welder

For welding practice I like to build little tables and stands for the wifes plants. I've not been able to make many, but the first one came out nice. About 2.5 feet tall metal frame with some old barn wood for the top.

I found some wine boxes at a yard sale for 2 bucks each so I snatched them up because she has been hinting she wanted another planter box for her succulents...

She had to work Sunday so me and the boy went out to the garage and started gluing some metal together with some bits and pieces I had laying around from the car and other projects.

Came out pretty cool. Took a little time to find the right settings for the metal as it was much thicker than the sheet metal I've been messing with on the Fury.

Anyway, here are some pics of my monstrosity er, uh...creation.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Cool project .. I'll bet she was happy.

Comment

Very nice!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It's a lot of fun because I can play with the welder without the headache of it looking good!

I have some rusty sheet metal that I've been thinking about playing with. I saw this at a craft sale recently for 100 bucks. I'm thinking I can recreate it for just a few bucks in scrap metal. Should be fun.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
        X