No announcement yet.

I Officially Surrender My Man-Mechanic Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you started this idea, it was for 5% in fifth gear only...I just took your idea and included the other 4....so you can get most of the credit....at least I didn't take you in the wrong direction....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Great News!
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Funny thing about gear changes..
        Derby cars with highway rear gears spin.. Move pretty good. But it is a whole different animal with "pickup" gears... They do not seem to spin much, just fly...
        So happy you stopped at 3:73 instead of 4:11 or deeper..
        Thanks for validating my ideas.

Comment

So, who needs a 3:55 ring and pinion for a 2006 era Mustang? I found that in the trunk, they sent that back home with us. That, and the posi-traction kit that I didn't need.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            So, who needs a 3:55 ring and pinion for a 2006 era Mustang? I found that in the trunk, they sent that back home with us. That, and the posi-traction kit that I didn't need.
            Hmmm.. The PI's move pretty good for what they got.. Probably best to leave it alone. 26 mpg all day and zip with a mash

Comment

I declare, I can't get over it, that new rear gear is SWEET. That's just perfect, it is. Absolutely perfect.

Comment

I declare, I can't get over it, that new rear gear is SWEET. That's just perfect, it is. Absolutely perfect.
                Glad you did the blower first.....

Comment

C'mon PeeWee. If there wasn't much difference would you REALLY say so? On to testing the Top Speed = Power + Aero equation.

Then to the crate motor and headers. Stroker crate with bigger cams, about $15K installed. All new Red!

Last edited by RockJustRock; August 18, 2018, 05:57 AM.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

What is the CoD of a 2005 Mustang ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                      What is the CoD of a 2005 Mustang ?
                      About 20% more than a 2019 Mustang.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if any parts (like a blower) would transfer?
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; August 18, 2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

From what I could find out, the 2005 Mustang CD is around .35 ... for comparison, the 3rd Gen Camaro is .27

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          From what I could find out, the 2005 Mustang CD is around .35 ... for comparison, the 3rd Gen Camaro is .27
                          Given those numbers, we can surmise that 35 is what it takes to blow the weather stripping off of the top of the windshield. Only just sayin.

Comment

Remember when the Firebird guys out-slipperied the Corvette guys with the Gem 3?

Comment

1984 Daytona 500 Pace Car...Yup, I remember....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

C'mon PeeWee. If there wasn't much difference would you REALLY say so? On to testing the Top Speed = Power + Aero equation.

Then to the crate motor and headers. Stroker crate with bigger cams, about $15K installed. All new Red!

Rock, Patrick is already in charge of spending my money and he's never missed the right target yet. He's the Procurement Officer for the Retirement Racing team.

But I can see where you want to "take" this. I "took" this photo in Arkansas in June.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot Rod Red.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1212364

When you dissect the class designation B/BFSS, the B up front is the displacement. B represents 373 to 439 cubic inches. The second B means Blown, super or turbo, not naturally aspirated. The F means "Fuel." In Fuel, you run whatcha brung, whatever it is, anything from pump gas to dynamite. The SS means Super street, the car has to be tagged and insured to be street legal.

So in April this car went 212.9 in the B/BFSS class. In June, when I took this photo, the same car ran 238.1 in the B/GALT class. The G represents GAS, you have to buy the certain octane racing fuel from the vendor at the track and the tank is sealed, or so the rule book says. ALT represents Altered. So this guy switched classes. At least at the time I took this photo (during early inspection the day before the event) he had not changed the lettering on the car to reflect that. Which is completely nothing to me but Sue Unit watches the ECTA Facebook page, and I do not, but she said lots of folks in June were bitching about folks changing classes and cars changing drivers and all sorts of drama, and I have no idea that this car was in any way involved in the controversy.

But there's a Red, do you want me to fix Red up like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X